Monday, November 7, 2022

Productive

 Another early morning, this time change is great for morning but we sure run out of daylight quickly in the evening. I left a little early for the walk so I could check out the lights in the barn. Phil and Anna are almost done installing the tall ceiling lights.

They look so small but are LED's and put out a LOT of light each.
After the walk Hoerr vet clinic was called and appointment made Thursday morning at 10:00 am for Valentine's Coggins test. I went straight to the foal paddock to start working with them. Today I started with Lily's filly Valerie. She was led outside the paddock, around the back of the barns, between the barns and finally into a stall.  Valentino was next, he was just led straight to the side door, he hesitated but stepped over the threshold when he heard Valerie calling from the stalls. He was put in the small stall until I could get Tessa into a stall. She didn't have a halter on but followed me into the stall barn and walked right into the stall with Valerie. Valentine was moved into the stall across the hall from the 2 fillies. I needed to run down to the house to get his 5 way vaccine. He was tied for the shot but didn't even flinch. He was given a good groom then let go.
He settled down to eat. The two fillies were worked with next. Tessa was not happy in the stall but Valerie settled right down to eat.
In the first part of the video is the 2 fillies, the second part shows Valentino before he was given a good groom.
When I was convinced they would be fine I left for the Peoria post office to pick up the Berean mail then on the way to the Berean office I stopped at Sam's to pick up napkins and coffee, checked out the supplies needed there. Tomorrow I need to take another roll of paper towel and a bunch more forks. I got home just a few minutes before Mark. He was willing to help move a new round bale in for Valiant.
Once the tractor was put away we started winterizing the 5th wheel. That didn't go as well has we hoped. We didn't have any instructions and kept youtubing it to make sure we were doing it correctly. Hopefully we got it right. By the time we finished it was 4:45 pm and my airbnb guests had just arrived. We had a good chat before heading to the house. I needed to be at mom's by 5:00 pm to relieve Ruth. Karin made the supper tonight. At 8:10 pm I was on my way back to the barn to feed and water the foals one more time before bedtime.  It was a long but very productive day.













No comments:

Post a Comment