Wednesday, November 9, 2022

Divided Country

 We woke up early to see about the election results and were pretty disappointed. Is our country really that divided? It seemed like the Democrats voted only to keep abortion legal while the Republican's voted on inflation, economy and violence. The only run away state was Florida. There are still many races that can't be called, they are too close. Thankfully God IS in control, He is not wringing His hands wondering how we will survive this? He has a plan and it just could be this is what is needed to usher in the end. We will take one day at a time and pray the for the freedom to be a Christian and to meet together to worship. Right after the walk I went to mom's as I was on the morning shift. After breakfast the weather was already warm and sunny so we sat out on the deck listening to the Bible. 

Below is a video of that plus at the end the flowers that were transplanted from mom's house to our house and how the white blossoms are turning purple.
Anna and Jessica arrived to clean mom's house. Rachel came at 1:00 pm to relieve me. I drove up to the barn to take care of the weanlings before heading down to the house. The registration papers arrived a couple days ago so the transfer papers were printed out, filled out for each weanling and put in the packets with the registration and dna papers. Mark got home around 2:00 pm and wanted to keep working on splitting wood. I followed him over to the wood in my car as I needed to leave at 3:00 pm to deliver Zena's papers to her owner. We had an hour to split wood before I needed to leave.
We had a pretty good pile by 3:00 pm.
Mackenson came to take my place. After delivering the papers I drove back up to the barn to fill water buckets and give the foals their evening grain. 
Below is Valerie and Tessa chowing away.
Below is Valentino.
I heated up pot roast for our dinner tonight. It was loaded with cooked carrots and potatoes. That was served over whole grain bread. We left for church at 6:10 pm. Tim Funk had the message reading from Psalm 46. After church Sarah was telling me about cracking walnuts with a hammer at the pit. The phone rang, she left the walnuts went in to answer the phone and when she got back a mouse had chewed a hole in the bag. The mouse was not at all afraid and ended up taking the nuts from her hand. She showed me proof in the video below:
We  had a high of 76 degrees this 9th day of November and broke a record. It was still warm when we left church at 8:30 pm. 











No comments:

Post a Comment