Tuesday, November 22, 2022

Valentino Gone

 I was getting ready to head up to the barn this morning when Joan sent a text with a short video clip of swans swimming in the lake. Instead of going to the barn I drove over to mom's to take a few pictures of the swans.

They were huge compared to the Canada Geese. Since they were much closer to Joan's house I drove over to get better pictures.
There is one adult and 3 juveniles with 2 Canada geese in the picture above. Rachel took some awesome pictures which are posted below.








Mom was up so Joan took her outside to see them.
I took the video below some at Joan's house and some as we were walking across the dam. 
IF you would like to see the rest of the pictures from both my phone and Rachel's camera click here.
Aunt Jinnie, mom and I took the wheel chair van to Berean today. The van started right up, the wheel chair ramp was dropped and once mom was loaded and strapped in Aunt Jinnie used the buttons to put the ramp back up. We had a good time at the Berean office. If you would like to read about our morning there click HERE.  It was when we were ready to leave we ran into big trouble. The wheel chair ramp would not lower. I was able to bypass the control and get the ramp to drop to the ground out of our way but not get it to unfold so there was no way to use the ramp to put mom on.  Skip and I had to lift mom and her wheel chair up into the van.  I'm very thankful Skip is so strong.  On the way home we stopped at the post office to drop off the Bibles and Aunt Jinnie went inside to ask if they would look for her thread. She ordered the thread and it was shipped out at least 10 days ago but it has never arrived. The van was left running while we were in the post office. I also needed to stop at Diane's office to pick up a Horsemeister check and again left the van running. When we finally got home, the ramp worked perfect. Must be a loose wire or something. I was thankful we didn't have to call for help to get mom out of the van but now not sure I want to take mom in it again. Joan relieved me in time to give mom lunch. I needed to be at the barn with all the paper work for Valentino as he was getting picked up at 1:30 pm.  He was let loose in the indoor arena so he could get some exercise before his trip to his new home. I started cleaning his stall but didn't get it quite finished before his owner arrived with the trailer. He was tied while she backed the trailer into place. 

He was good about being led out to the trailer and only hesitated a few seconds before stepping inside. His owner sent me a picture of him in his new stall with a mouthful of hay when they made it home.
My nephews Tom and Tim both came to replace the bent hydrant and between the two of them had it done in less than an hour. As it was 50 degrees outside and sunny it was an easy job for those two. It was my turn to provide supper at mom's house tonight. When I arrived with the supper Berlica and Faith were busy making French Silk pie for Thanksgiving.
They had also made lots of popcorn and cranberry strings to use for decorations.
After supper we played games until mom was ready for bed. It was another good day!
















No comments:

Post a Comment