Tuesday, November 8, 2022

Election Day

At 5:30 am the moon was called the blood red moon. The shadow of the earth helped color the moon red. My camera is just not the best.
Below is a much better picture:  Photo via Ed Piotrowski.
Mark and I left to go vote at 6:10 am and arrived at 6:15 am. The parking lot was pretty full at that time.
The line inside was all the way across the church.
Nice to see such a good turn out. We were able to vote and on our way home by 7:50 am but stopped for gas first. Now yesterday BEFORE election day gas was $4.18 a gallon. This morning it jumped WAY up.
I should have taken the time to fill the car yesterday. Right after the walk Aunt Jinnie,  mom and I left for the Berean office. We had a very good morning there. If you would like to read about that click HERE. On the way home mom wanted to stop at Christ orchard to pick up a half bushel of Jonathan apples. She and Aunt Jinnie want to make more measley. I bought 2 half bushels, one for our house and one for mom's house. From there we drove straight to the Hanna City post office to drop off the Bibles and the Berean mail and as long as we were already in Hanna City mom wanted to go vote.  Aunt Jinnie stayed in the van while mom and I went inside to find the lines were twice as long as this morning. It took us about 45 minutes to get through the line and cast her vote. When we got home they had the last of the measley (muesli) for lunch as they will be making another batch soon.
After Karin got home I left to start working with the weanlings.  Mark had Mackenson, Berlica, Braelyn, Taegan and Kensley helping him with splitting wood and loading the flat bed trailer and was just finishing up about the time I got home.  The girls were more than willing to help with teaching Valentino to load. I was very pleased, he lead quietly into the indoor arena and followed me right up into the trailer. 
I wanted a video of him to show how nicely he was stepping in so Braelyn was given my phone.
He was put away and the weanlings given more grain, hay and water. Mark needed a ride back over to the wood. Below are a few pictures of how much work the kids did.

There is still a lot more wood to split.
Phil was working on the barn so the girls stayed here until he was finished. A good day. 






















No comments:

Post a Comment