Friday, November 11, 2022

We Have Light

 Brr it was cold today, our morning started at 38 degrees but just kept dropping even after the sun was high in the sky. By this afternoon it was just 31 degrees with a brisk breeze. We all dressed for winter for our walk. Right after the walk I needed to start browning the 4 pounds of hamburger for the lasagna. Once that was browned the cupboard was opened to get the spaghetti sauce out only to find I didn't have any.  That meant a quick trip to Kroger. Two crockpots will filled with layered with meat sauce, cottage cheese, parmesan cheese and then mozzarella cheese. That was put on low heat and the 2 pumpkin pies started. Those were put in the oven to bake for an hour while I ran up to work with Valentino. No pictures though I forgot to take the phone with me. His stall was cleaned, the water buckets cleaned out and filled and another bale of hay brought in. He is now very glad to see me as he now loves his grain.  His coggins test was posted today and of course it was negative. That was printed out and put in with his registration papers. It was my turn to be with mom this afternoon and evening so one of the crockpots of lasagna along with all the salad stuff, pie and cool whip were taken over with me.  Mark needed help at 3:00 pm but mom was with Aunt Jinnie who could ask Karin for help if necessary so I left to help Mark split more of the logs. Below is just a part of the logs split today.

We got all the big logs close to the tractor so Mark decided to move the tractor back to the next big pile and just make a new pile of split logs. He is getting ready to move the tractor in the picture below.
That tractor and log splitter have been such a blessing for us. At 4:50 pm I left and went back to mom's to get the table set and supper on the table.  Every time I would get up off the chair to grab something else Molly would jump on my chair. She was sure that plate of food was for her.
It wasn't, that is my plate. We had the pumpkin pie for dessert. This evening we watched some of the first season of the Chosen. We could see lights on in the new barn. Philip must have been working in there.  Lights are good especially now that it is dark so soon. After mom was in bed I left for the barn to take care of Valentino one more time today.  Ben got the stall camera working so I can now watch him on the foaling monitor. He is perfectly content. 

No comments:

Post a Comment