Tuesday, September 13, 2022

Wheel Chair Van Fixed

 I dropped off some needed things at mom's this morning before heading over to the barn to fill the 5th wheel's fresh water tank and empty the gray water tanks. Mark punked me on that. He had forgotten to shut the valve of the grey water tank and when I opened it that came gushing out. That was pushed in pretty quickly so the sewer hose could be hooked up. Thankfully it wasn't the black water tank but I still needed to wash and then wash again. At 7:45 am I headed over to help get mom ready for the Berean office and we were on our way by 8:15 am. We brought with us some vine ripened beautiful better boy tomatoes to share from mom's garden. 

IF you would like to read about our morning there click HERE.  Kathy came in with a special surprise. She is an artist and made this for the new barn. 
That will be placed under glass and framed and will hang in the fellowship area. That verse has been part of my life since I was 5 years old and learning to read.  Mom had a plaque on the hall wall by the stairs. I would stare at it trying to read it with that big word. We dropped off the mail and Bibles at the Hanna City post office around noon. Mom was glad to be home but did not want lunch as we each had a piece of pecan pie at the Berean office.  The man working on mom's wheel chair van called to report it was done. Joan relieved me at 1:00 pm and when Karin got home she and I drove to Automotive Spring Inc to pick it up. It cost $160.00 to fix the broken spring and we all thought that was a bargain. Mom will be going in that van to Gulf Shores in a month.  Karin drove that home, I drove to Arby's to pick up Gyro's for supper but then got stuck in traffic for about 40 minutes on 474. Mark was home working with Mackenson when I arrived home. They were cleaning the lumber out of the indoor arena and hauling it to the new barn where it will be used on some of the walls. We had supper at mom's and it was really good. Arby's had those gyros 2 for $7.00 and they were so much better than the ones we bought from the Greek restaurant a couple weeks ago. I also picked up some curly fries and mom was sure they were onion rings.  For dessert mom, Karin and Mark split the last 2 pieces of pecan pie. A man from the water company came knocking on the door this evening looking for Rachel's meter pit. We had to call Rachel as it was well hidden and not at her house but here at mom's. I didn't get home until 8:00 pm. Rachel sent the picture below of Logan standing by his sunflowers next to grandpa Meister (my dad's dad) standing next to his sunflowers years ago.
Joan sent the picture below of Mackenson next to their sunflowers.





No comments:

Post a Comment