Monday, September 26, 2022

Picking Up the Pig

 Just Ruth and I walked again. Joan's house was all dark when we arrived so we chose not to wake anyone. After the walk I left immediately for the Peoria post office to pick up the Berean mail. There was a flock of geese all grazing in the front yard of the post office. 

After getting the mail I drove to the Aldi in Pekin to pick up a few groceries. I met Debbie T, she remembered me from Bridlewood. She was the one that sold a pony to Amy and told me Rhoda was in a Bible study with her. We spent a few minutes catching up. After the groceries were unloaded I left for Eureka meat locker to pick up the hog we had processed there. That was divided up and then delivered to 3 different families. There was only about 140 pounds so it wasn't a huge amount of meat. I stopped in to see Sarah who was taking care of not only her 3 little ones but was also helping someone who had a hip replacement and was caring for their two. She has such a nice set up with a huge play yard for the kids and some very nice big yards for their dogs. Their little Cavalier came right up to greet me.
Maddie has her own yard as her puppies are due next week. Maddie was also very glad to see me.
Maddie is a purebred Wheaten Terrier and she was bred to Winston a purebred Poodle so is expecting Whoodles next week. Whoodles are none shedding and must be regularly groomed. Winston is pictured below.
The waiting list application for the puppies is now open. If interested in learning more about that click HERE. Zion had to show me how she could climb and jump.
Even Eden climbed to the top of a car, check out the video below.
After returning home Indy was teased. She didn't squeal for quite a while but no winking so I'll just have to keep trying. She just doesn't show when in season so is really hard to get bred.
She has such gorgeous foals.
After putting her away I went to mom's house for an hour to play carbols with Rachel, Joan and Karin getting home from that just in time to make dinner. Today was an easy day.






No comments:

Post a Comment