Tuesday, September 6, 2022

Not Just Yet

 As yesterday was a holiday I knew I wouldn't be able to walk this morning as I would need to get to the Peoria post office early enough to pick up the Berean mail and get it to that office before 9:00 am. I drove the car over to mom's and went in to talk to Ruth, Joan and mom. Diane joined us a few minutes later.  Karin is in Missouri so Joan is spending the nights at mom's until Karin comes home. We each talked about our weekends and it was good to visit with each other before heading to work.  I left at 7:40 am, got to the  post office at 8:03 am and waited in line. I still had enough time to stop at Sam's Club which just happens to be very close to the Berean office. They had key lime pie so picked up one for the Berean volunteers but I really went to buy the rest of the ingredients for tomorrow night's meal at the fellowship hall. The car was pretty full of groceries when I arrived at the Berean office. If you would like to read about our morning there click HERE. I was able to make room in the car for the Bibles going out today but didn't head straight to the post office, instead I needed to head to Walmart to pick up lasagna noodles and big jars of spaghetti sauce for the lasagna. Sam's didn't have either of these items. On the way home I stopped at the Hanna City post office to drop off the Bibles and the mail going out. Once home and the car unloaded the 25 pounds of hamburger needed to be browned. Mark came in while that was happening. When that was finished we loaded the car back up and drove to the fellowship hall to drop off the water bottles, salad stuff, and grapes. When we got back Phil and Anna, who had been working at the barn, had left for home so we just heated up some leftovers. I still needed to head up to the barn to feed Valiant and the cat when Diane called that mom was ready to head to bed. Joan had a meeting and I was on call. Mom was tired from her big day of going to Nancy's meeting and was more than ready for bed by 8:00 pm. The sun was already setting as I was driving over and by the time I got home it was down.

Summer is ending, the days are getting shorter. I'm not really looking forward to winter just yet. Thankfully we are still having warm days with plenty of sunshine.

No comments:

Post a Comment