Friday, September 9, 2022

Family Matters

 Shortly after I arrived at mom's this morning Ruth sent a text that she has tested positive for Covid. Poor Ruth. She has been vaccinated and boosted and for the second time gotten sick with this nefarious virus. Mom was not tired this morning and was able to watch Joanne's funeral this morning.  This afternoon Amy came over. Mom took a short nap but was glad for the company. Karin arrived home from Missouri and told us about her trip. She told us John and Beth are all moved in, JR has a beautiful home with a pool and they had a good trip.  My guests arrived around 4:30 pm so when I left mom's I drove up to meet them.  They had originally booked through airbnb coming in on Friday and leaving Sunday but on Wednesday night I got a message that they had cancelled their booking. On Thursday I got a call from her and she wondered if there was a reason I cancelled their booking as they were so looking forward to coming to see their grandchildren.  After talking to her we figured there must be a mistake so I told her she was welcome to come anyway.  After meeting Carol and her husband I am SO very glad they came. They had not seen their grandchildren for NINE years! They were so excited for this visit they drove a truck and bought and brought a pacman machine for them and had it at the apartment.

They had the table filled with goodies both store bought and home made.


I'm so very glad they could reconnect with their family.  Kid's need grandparents and grandparents love their grandchildren.  Family matters!  
We have a beautiful full moon tonight. Rachel was the first to send a picture.
Beth send the picture below.
But Dan's was the best.
He took the picture above at the Peoria front last night.  Tonight he is at Portland, Indiana where Levi is playing in the marching band at a football game.
Dan took the picture below with his phone just now.
Crazy how good these phone cameras are. The same moon that we are admiring is being admired all over. Diane is down at Gulf Shores, she didn't send a picture but sent a text that The HangOut is rocking! Their condo is close enough to hear everything. Rhonda sent the picture below. Noel and Elijah tied the knot today.
This is their first grandchild to get married and we wish them God's blessings. We ALL know by now that Queen Elizabeth has died.  One of the best articles of her in my opinion was written by Franklin Graham: I am deeply saddened to hear about the death of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II. She has been a symbol of stability and steadfastness for the United Kingdom for 70 years, and I’m asking people to join me in praying for the royal family and the people of the UK.
I will always appreciate her example of leadership and her life of integrity. I’m especially grateful for the Queen’s friendship with my father Billy Graham. He cherished their friendship that was built on a shared love for Jesus Christ and belief in God’s Word. My father had the privilege of meeting with the Queen more than a dozen times, and she was a gracious host, inviting my parents to visit Buckingham Palace on several occasions. My father said he found Queen Elizabeth "to be a woman of rare modesty and character," and made a pledge to pray for her and her family every day. He also appreciated how she often talked about Jesus Christ during her public addresses—there was never any question about where she placed her faith. Queen Elizabeth once said, "I draw strength from the message of hope in the Christian gospel."The Queen was a friend to my father, but more importantly, she was a true friend of the Christian faith. She will be profoundly missed.












No comments:

Post a Comment