Saturday, September 3, 2022

The Boys

 We went to bed so early that both of us were up before the coffee maker started, around 4:45 am. When it was light enough to see I went up to feed the horses while carrying some cat food when I met one of our airbnb guests. She was introduced to all of the horses here and I was telling her how the two stallions grew up together and were best friends for 3 years. Below they are around 8 months old.


They would have the best time galloping around the pastures rearing up and pretend fighting.


But always finishing with a race to the gate.
We started using them for stud at 3 years of age and about that time their play was no longer just play. Valiant was out for blood. From that point on not only did we need to separate them we had to use two different breeding stands one facing East and one facing North because if they saw the other stallion staring at them when they were supposed to be covering a mare they wouldn't do their job.  My guests are here visiting family who lives in Farmington and after introducing them to both Evan and Valiant I went up to feed the cat. I needed to be at mom's and made it there just before 8:00 am. Mom and I had a good morning. The weather was nice so we sat outside in the shade listening to the wrens singing. 

Joan arrived at 1:45 pm to relieve me and brought with her Mackenson and Berlica. She also brought the book to read so they all just sat out with mom on the front porch and Joan read to them.  I left for Kroger to pick up some food for tomorrow's meal. They had some hot fried chicken so I bought that for tonight's meal at mom's and served that with wild rice and a salad.  Bethany and her kids were here when I got back to mom's with dinner. Beth Meister had brought in some delicious cheese cakes for our dessert. Some had blueberries on top and some had brownie with caramel on top. We sure eat good at mom's. David and Leah came over for a short visit. I left shortly after they left. I'm tired this evening, probably from getting up so early today. 





No comments:

Post a Comment