Wednesday, September 14, 2022

Jury Drop Off

 No walk again today, with Diane gone and Ruth sick with Covid Joan and I are not walking. I got plenty of walking done anyway as today I took Jury out to Middle Grove and checked on the 3 foals out there.  Jury was very pleased to be back. She looked around, started neighing and when they responded took off running.

Irish was the first to see her and came galloping up behind her.
I started the long hike and found Lily, her filly, Rosalie and Irish resting under some trees.
Lily's filly is really ready to be weaned as she is almost 5 months old but Lily is not losing weight so I will leave her until we bring in Rosaleigh's filly. She has an attitude, she didn't like Rosalie coming up behind her and pinned her ears.
Rosalie is her sister and is just huge. She 75% Friesian is all of 17 hands and expecting a 7/8ths Friesian foal April 7th. 
The other two foals at Middle Grove are Tatiana's colt by Valiant and Rosaleigh's filly by Evan. Those two are best friends.
Tatiana's colt was fascinated with Jury and had to go check her out.
He think she smells really good.
It was hard to get a decent picture of Rosaleigh's filly,

she was following me to close for a decent shot. She loved being scratched by the cane and when I had it on her back and it fell off she didn't even jump. Instead she tried to pick it up.
The first foal in the video is Tatiana's colt then Dancer and finally Tessa, Rosaleigh's filly.
IF you would like to see the rest of the pictures from that trip to Middle Grove click HERE. I started the long hike back to the truck but turned around and took one more picture.
When I got back to the farm the mares were up eating on the round bale Mark and I put in this morning. This is Indy and her colt by Evan.
I got the laundry done today and the dishes. At 3:00 pm ran over to mom's, played a couple games with Berlica, Faith and Karin before coming home around 4:30 pm to make some supper. Tonight  church was at the fellowship hall so we could hear from the vision committee. That was started with a short service on Ephesians 4. 

















No comments:

Post a Comment