Sunday, May 8, 2022

Mother's Day2022

 I only got about 3 hours of sleep last night so it was really hard to get moving this morning.  After chugging down 2 cups of strong coffee I headed out to the barn to check on Tatiana and her new colt. He is doing great.  The barn was cleaned up then down to the house to make breakfast and clean up a bit before leaving at 8:50 am for Morton to pick up Nancy.  She was so excited to come to church and got to go to Sunday school in Joan's class. Wow was she ever excited about coloring a paper and making mom a mother's day card.  Tim Funk had the morning message and Tim Roecker had the afternoon. There were not other ministers in Peoria today. During the morning service Judy G had a medical emergency. She was taken by ambulance to the ER. We got word later that all is well.  Tim prayed for her and but didn't use her last name.  Well Ruth is up at the hospital with Fedi (he has been in for a few days now as his blood pressure keeps dropping) and heard my name. She sent texts to everyone including me but all of us had our phones on silent or turned off because of church.  I happened to notice at lunch that I had a text and saw it was from Ruth asking if I was ok. I was confused and said I'm fine, I'm at church.  It was only later I heard she thought it was me and was trying to figure out what had happened. After church I ran right up to the barn. Tatiana's colt is doing so well and the weather is really nice today so they were turned out in the pasture.  Jury followed them from the indoor right into the pasture.


He got a nose full of dandelion fluff and wrinkled up his nose so funny.
He had to get some nursing in to remove the tickle.
Jury settled down to graze close enough to them to feel safe but far enough away that Tatiana was content to leave her be.
I left at 2:30 pm to head to Kroger to pick up the chicken ordered for the picnic tonight. Mark used the air fryer to fry up 8 pounds of french fries.  When I got back with the chicken I drove to Joan's to borrow her roaster as I needed mine and hers for the 96 pieces.  We had an abundance of delicious food for this picnic. Everyone brought really nice dishes.
We had a good afternoon and evening with lots of games. If you would like to see the rest of the pictures click HERE.  I took Nancy home at 6:30 pm. Gertie came along for the ride and to keep me company. When I got back there were still people here so we got in some visiting before I needed to bring the mares in.  I led Tatiana, her colt followed very well and Jury followed a little ways behind. She wants to be with them but not close enough to incur the wrath getting too close to a baby of a new mom.  It was dark by the time I got back to the house. The dishes are now done and I'll be very glad to head to bed as soon as this is finished. We had a most unusual letter come in today.  It was addressed to Sheena: 
Hi Mom!It’s me, Mayberry. I just wanted to wish you a very Happy Mother’s Day and to let you know I’m doing great. I have big fields, friends and even a pond. I’m learning a lot and everyone says I’m the princess of the barn.  I’m really smart and pretty; everyone says so. I’m almost 16hh now and just got my first clipping since it gets hot here in NC.  I have a big trailer so I can go places and I might even go show off my fancy new halter in a local show this month.Anyhow, I just wanted you to know I’m healthy, happy and doing well. I hope you are, too. I have attached some pictures so you can see how big I’ve gotten. I think I look a lot like you. Love,Mayberry










No comments:

Post a Comment