Monday, May 9, 2022

End of School Concert

 Summer arrived today. We had a high of 84 degrees and bright sunshine. At 8:45 am I picked up Gertie and Anna for the drive to Farmington school where the end of school concert was going to happen. I should have worn a hat the concert was all all morning long with Braelyn's class going last. When the first group got up I was looking at this cute little red headed girl thinking she sure looks familiar when I realized that must be Annie Meister, Tom and Tarah's daughter.

It turned out Tarah was sitting right next to Anna. Then looked over and saw Rhonda.

I was wondering why would Rhonda be here when I realized Jacob and Andi's boys now go to this school. I think this is Charlie.
I think it is Max in the picture below.
And the one in the middle in the picture below may or may not be another one of Tom and Tarah's boys. 
Kensley had to stop on the way up to the risers to talk to the boy behind her.

Each class performed a few songs. Taegan was on the top row of her class.
Braelyn was one row down and on the far left in the picture below.
The wind was blowing her hair around.

I recorded a song for each of their classes. The wind was strong, canceling out the sound of the songs and the sun was so bright I couldn't see the kids in the view finder very well so the video isn't the best.
We got home after noon. I had enough time to scarf down a piece of chicken and still make it to mom's house by 1:00 pm. Joey and Ellie were working on the potholes on the drive.
They were using mom's Kubota to haul bags of cold patch and pounding it in. There is gravel ordered and will be spread on top. 
Mom was just finishing lunch and wanted to sit out on the deck. We sat a while but the wind was blowing and gusting so hard we couldn't keep hats on and I had already had way to much sun.  Rhonda was here planting flowers. 
Mark brought home a sweeper for the barn. As soon as I got done at mom's he showed me how it worked. It isn't too hard to push and does a good job on the dust.
I let Tatiana and Jury out on the big field before going in and making supper.
Jury is looking huge but still not bagged up.  Tatiana and her colt were content to stay in the shade under a tree.
After supper I went back to mom's for about an hour then brought them inside for the night. 
I was marveling at his nice straight legs once in the barn. 
The lady in line for Tatiana's foal really wants to wait for a filly. Diane thought we should tell her that this colt identifies as a filly as he is always hanging around the mares.  (bad joke) I've sent a text to the next person in line but haven't yet heard from him. 
I've not yet caught up on my sleep from staying up most of Saturday night and will head to bed early tonight. 









No comments:

Post a Comment