Monday, May 2, 2022

Another cold Monday

 It was my turn to stay at mom's today which meant I needed to get out early to tease mares and cover them. Soul must just be going out. She would not stand today but showed at first then clamped her tail. Lily was in big and covered by Valiant.  She stood very well. Their foals are 12 days old.  Tatiana was taken back out to her paddock and the indoor arena cleaned up.  All of that got done in time to still meet at the dumpster at 7:15 am.  Diane and Ruth walked, Joan was on her way back home from Gulf Shores.  We stopped and talked to Sarah, Joan's daughter, who had spent the night with her siblings.  I had time to go home and pick up my car before needing to be at mom's. Mom and I had a quiet day. It was too cool in the morning to sit out on the deck at only 45 degrees but by this afternoon we were able to enjoy sitting outside and listening to the birds sing and the geese honk.  We also watched a pair of wrens working on building a nest in the house we put out on Friday. The flowering crab tree was full of bees. In the video below you can hear the hum of busy bees. 

I couldn't capture all the bees in the picture.
After Karin got home Faith and Berlica came over so we could play games. Joan made it home by 4:30 pm just in time to meet the person renting the Wolf Pup so I left for home. I needed to get a bale moved into Sally's paddock. Mark helped with that while I opened gates and kept the horses from running out.
Rockaway was fascinated by the tractor bringing in the bale.
Missy and Sally are the dominate horses in this paddock. Rocky and Cookie stood back until the other two were eating away then joined in a bit later.
Tatiana was put back in the barn for the night. Storms and a cold rain is predicted again tonight and tomorrow.  The man buying Irish' colt came out with his two children. I didn't have my phone on so couldn't take a picture but both of his children were able to pet the colt. He loved their attention. On the way back down to the house I had to stop to take a picture of the redbud tree. 
Such a beautiful tree.









1 comment:

  1. The redbud tree is still gorgeous! Thanks for posting the pictures every year!

    ReplyDelete