Wednesday, May 25, 2022

Madiera Has a Filly

 It was the perfect morning for Mark to burn the brush pile. A little drizzly with rain in the forecast. Even before breakfast he was out lighting it.

I went out to put Rosaleigh and her 2 day old filly by Evan out while the fire was going.  Rosaleigh was on high alert as she was grabbing grass.
The filly had fun running around her mom today.
I only stayed a few minutes watching as we were walking today and there was still chores to do before the meeting time.  After the walk I went to work on cleaning the rec-room. That room was given a spring cleaning, all except Mark's corner which he will take care of tomorrow (hopefully). At 10:00 am I left for Walmart to pick up the 6 plastic tubs that had been ordered online. It was $2.00 cheaper to buy them online vs going to the store. I was able to get 6 of them for just over $50.00 and that included the tax.  Joan needed to take Heather to the airport at 11:00 am and I would have made it home before 11:00 but stopped for gas. As it was we passed each other right by the driveway.  Faith was with mom and would call me if she needed anything while Joan was gone. When I arrived Faith was brushing mom's hair. Mom loves that. 
After lunch I took a break from cleaning to let Irish, her colt, Tatiana and her colt out in the new barn pasture.  Irish is still in season and was covered by Valiant today then enjoyed the lush grass of that pasture.  Below is a short video of her colt Dollar. That is what his owner named him.
After he settled down to graze Tatiana and her colt were brought out. That colt was so funny. He was teasing Irish's colt then would run back to his mama for safety.
When he finally settled down a bit I took a couple pictures of him.

He is just 2 and a half weeks old. Irish's colt is almost 2 months old. I needed to move them back into the other pasture as this one has fences down and the only time I let them graze in it is if I am watching them. I really needed to go back in and do more cleaning. I also took the time to download the 4 videos taken today and post them on Facebook so they could be shared here on the blog. The crafts for kids were put away in two tubs. The 5 sets of camper paperwork was stored in a smaller tub and those 3 tubs were hauled upstairs. Mark had a late estimate so I went to church without him. He is over Covid but now trying to catch up on his work.  Tim Roecker had the message tonight reading first in Isaiah 5 and then Act's 8.  It was really good to be there.  The ride home was in driving rain and very slow. As soon as I got home and changed Rosaleigh and her filly were brought inside.  IF I would have known it was going to rain this evening they would have been brought in before leaving for church.  At least it is relatively warm at 64 degrees. The filly will be fine with her shower. A text came in today from the barn manager where Madiera is staying.  She had a filly at 9:50 pm May 24th. (last night) The filly was up and nursing by the first hour. Both mom and filly are doing great.
I'll head there next week to get some better pictures. This week is just too busy.  I'm pretty sure this filly is sold. The people specially picked Madiera for the dam as she was bred to Valiant and wanted to bond with the foal from birth to weaning.









No comments:

Post a Comment