Monday, May 30, 2022

Memorial Day

 I know today was supposed to be a holiday where we remembered those who gave their lives for our country and freedom but with an orphan colt that needs care it didn't feel like a holiday.  I was up at the barn by 6:00 am with a new batch of milk replacer. He had almost finished the almost 2 gallons left last night.  He was fed a gallon and a half at 6:00 am another gallon and a half at 2:00 pm and in just a few minutes I'll be taking up another 2 gallons to get him through the night.  I also tried him out in the paddock with Irish and her colt as these two use to be best friends.  It didn't go well. Irish threatened him and even tried to kick him at one point.  

Below is just a short video but even then if I hadn't stepped in Irish would have bitten him.
Once he was back in the stall I headed over to the lake where a bunch of my grandchildren were swimming.
Ruth was with mom today and took her for a walk with the scooter over to the barn to see the orphan colt.  They met our airbnb guests and had a nice visit.  After leaving the lake I worked on posting the 5th wheel for sale on Facebook market place.  I just have not had time to get it fixed up to rent it. Right after posting it I had someone want to come at 4:30 pm to see it. I ran up to make sure the lights were on, turned on the air conditioner and swept it out. A few of the window's needed cleaning. It was really heating up outside and the last time I ran the air on the 5th wheel it cooled it down pretty quickly. Heading back to the house I noticed a big wolf spider hanging by a thread just under our back door. It was quite impressive.
At 3:30 pm I ran back up to the trailer opened the door to check out who cool it was to find no lights and no cooling happening. The air conditioner made the gfi outlet to pop.  I moved the extension cord to another outlet and the same thing happened.  Instead I opened all the windows to get a breeze in the trailer then headed down to the house to find the lady coming had cancelled. Oh well now maybe we can work on it and hopefully find out why the air conditioner is causing the gfi to pop.  It worked fine earlier in the year. This evening Diane, Karin, Rachel and I spent the evening at mom's.  Aunt Jinnie called so mom had a nice visit with her while we played games.  The new airbnb guests arrived and couldn't get hot water, Mark went over and found the gfi outlet for the water heater had also popped. I don't think the 5th wheel and the apartment are on the same electrical breaker so we are probably looking at replacing the apartment water heater if it happens again.

No comments:

Post a Comment