Saturday, May 21, 2022

Tatiana's Colt Sold

 I had another morning of working while hearing the rumblings of thunder. Tatiana was teased and covered by Valiant and by the time I got in from the rest of the chores the rain started. I was expecting a lady from Iowa around 9:30 am and the family coming for Sangria around 10:00 am but at 9:15 am both sent a text they would be here in 15 minutes. Since we are having haystacks for Sunday's supper I was working on browning 10 pounds of hamburger and was just finishing the first batch when the texts came in.  I turned off the stove and went straight out to get Sangria out of the paddock and just let her graze in the yard while Tatiana and her colt were brought inside and a halter put on her 13 day old colt. He did very well for that but I wanted to find a short lead rope to attach and found an old one that I just cut short. They came within minutes of each other. I left Wendy in with Tatiana and went out to meet the family for Sangria.  She loaded up calmly and once at her new home they sent the picture below to Rhoda who sent it to me of Sangria with her new girl.

Wendy was pleased with Tatiana's colt and put down the deposit for him so once she left he was marked sold on the website.
I also decided on Valeriana for Lily's filly's name. This is a flower that is very much like Queen Anne's Lace and Lily is the queen around here. As she is Valiant's daughter I believed it fit the best. We will probably call her Valerie. Below is a picture of the flower she is named after. 
The rain started up again so I went back to the house to finish browning the hamburger.  Mark got all the tomato plants planted. Mike moved the riding horses over to the cabin field and took the video below of them so excited to be back.
He has Sally, Missy, Cookie and Rocky there. When they go out on trail rides we will have Rocky brought over here if he throws a fit.  Ralph picked up Dakota which means I now have room to bring back Rosaleigh who is due June 7th but usually delivers early.  My Rosalie, Soul and Lily are still not showing signs of coming in season. I would like to get them sonagrammed before taking them out so will call the clinic and see if I can haul in for those.  I needed to be at mom's at 5:00 pm with dinner. When I arrived there was a good game going on at the table.
Ruth had mom in the hot tub so while they were finishing up I had to to sautéed the onions and peppers for our meal tonight and enough to send with Ruth for she and Fedi's dinner. She sent back the picture below with the words: "Thanks we loved it."
All went well tonight. It really was a good day.







No comments:

Post a Comment