Wednesday, November 15, 2023

Titus Learns

 Another cool morning that required a sweat shirt and a wind breaker but that turned into a really nice sunny day. Perfect for working outside.  Before the walk I took the water hose out of the house and hooked that to the 5th wheel but when I turned on the water the hose leaked.  After the walk I took the water hose out of camper #1 and hooked that to the 5th wheel and this time no leaks. Once the water was on the electric water heater was turned on, the camper cleaned then the water checked to see if it was hot. It wasn't so I thought maybe the breaker had flipped. That meant I had to get down on my hands and knees to check that out. Those were all good. The electric water heater was turned off and the propane one turned on but again no hot water. I checked the propane tanks, the first was completely empty but the second one seemed to be about half full. I figured at that point I must be doing something wrong, turned the propane water heater off and the electric one back on, then removed the empty tank and took that down to Ag-land on Farmington road for filling. On the way back stopped at Aldi and bought $262 worth of groceries that included 2 20 pound turkeys then home to put the propane tank back in the 5th wheel. The kitchen faucet was turned on to check for hot water and just about then I realized I had been only turning on the COLD water for when I turned on the hot it was HOT! Diane called about then as mom was ready to come in off the deck to get out of the sun. We visited a while before going home. This afternoon Mike wanted to start Titus in the round pen. 

He didn't want to go in or out of the pen so I went behind while Mike led him in. He is a smart colt and after a few minutes was picking up what we wanted from him. At that point Mike took him out with the 4 wheeler to encourage him to keep up. He really is learning quickly. 
He is just a year old but already tall and has lots of mane and tail. Below is a video of him first in the round pen and then in the field.

 This evening we left for church at 6:15 pm. Mike Kaisner had the message on Hebrews 10. To see that click HERE. We went to Culvers after church for a late supper then took Berlica and Mackenson home. Joan was with mom tonight so they watched church on-line.



No comments:

Post a Comment