Thursday, November 2, 2023

Jasper IS For Sale

 Since Joan and Diane are still gone and it is again below freezing Ruth and I decided no walk. I made a big sausage, cheese and vegetable omelet for our breakfast and served that with raspberries and avocados. 

The new pans I bought from Sam's club are a delight to use. I should have bought them a couple years ago. These make clean up so easy. I left at 8:00 am for mom's house and took egg rolls, an avocado and a bag of frozen pork from the hog roast over with me for lunch.. Aunt Jinnie left for quilting with LuEllen so mom and I had a quiet morning.  Lunch was a little late as Aunt Jinnie didn't arrive until 12:45 pm. They were stuck behind a huge truck, so big that a car needed to go before them to hold up the utility wires. Karin arrived just as we were getting ready to eat so joined us. That pork was almost as good as the day of the hog roast. Coming home Evan came running to meet me. That reminded me of when he was 2 years old, he and Valiant were the best of friends. I took the picture below of them playing together.
This afternoon I was going through the records for next years foaling. Lily is again due first March 20th, 2024.  Below is a picture of Lily when she was expecting her very first foal. 
Steven, her rider in the picture above actually took her to college that year and unexpectedly she delivered a stud colt a month early. Rosalie her daughter looks so much like her. They are both 17 hands both have the baroque build but Lily has more hair than Rosalie.
Rosalie is due April 20th, 2024. Both of these mares go early so I'll need to bring Lily in to Hanna City in February and start stalling her early March. Hopefully we get a warm spring in 2024. We lost Rosalie's colt this spring because he was born outside in the very cold rain. In 9 more days I have 2 more foals leaving and still have not received their registration papers. They were paid for and sent in for processing in May. I really hope and pray they come soon. Once Lily's filly and Madiera's colt leave on Nov 11th we will only have one colt left. Jewel's colt by Evan. If anyone has ever wanted a 75% Friesian 25% Thoroughbred fancy fancy mover this is the chance. His price was $6000.00 but we are now dropping it to $5500.00 in hopes he finds a home before winter. He was sold but his owner lost his job and told me to re-list him. Check out the video below for his movement. 
He really is talented and if someone wanted a dressage mount he will not disappoint. He has a current coggins and is registered with Friesian Heritage Horse but we have not yet received his registration papers. His registered name is Jasper HM. 
I was getting his video when the video taken June 24th, of this year popped up. I had taken Valerie and Tessa out to Middle Grove to drop them off and the herd came running to meet them. It is just so perfect out there for mares and foals. 
The horses really do love living there but are always glad to see us too and come running when they hear the truck and trailer. 






No comments:

Post a Comment