Friday, November 17, 2023

Noah's Flood

 Our guests in the foaling apartment left really early to go to the hunting grounds they were renting. Today was the start of shotgun season. Diane, Ruth, and I were walking across the dam when Rachel sent us a text reminding us of that. It isn't wise to walk in the woods at this time of year. Right about then we heard shots so hopefully someone got some meat. After making breakfast and eating it I left for Sam's club to pick up some needed items for my next guests coming in AND for the Thanksgiving meal. When I got back it was after 10:00 am and the 5th wheel guests had checked out so I went up to turn the heat and water off and bring the laundry back. I started hearing a loud noise but couldn't figure out what it was until I stepped outside. It was a huge flock of black birds flying across the field. It went on for quite a while. I didn't start videoing until a lot of the flock had already passed. 

As I was working back there I could hear talking when I drove up 2 of the hunters were back with 2 BIG deer in the back of their truck. One was a huge buck with a good looking rack and the other was a doe, both carrying a lot of meat on their bones. Their families are going to be eating good this winter. 
They took these two deer to be hung to bleed out at their friends shop then went out hunting again. Diane, Ruth, Fedi, mom, Mark and I left around 1:00 pm to go to the Peoria Cooperative Academy play Noah's Flood.
I was surprised and glad to see 5 of my grandchildren there to watch along with some grand nephews and nieces.
Two of Rebekah's, Jordon and Riley, were in the play while Rebekah was the director of the play. 
The play was a lot of fun and very well done.  
 After the play Mark drove to Avanti's to pick up food for Joan's family to eat between performances then took Mackenson home. Fedi drove mom's wheelchair van with mom, Ruth, Diane and I. We stopped first at the post office to pick up mom's glasses that had been left at the Drury Inn in Hayti, MO BUT they were not her glasses. Diane and Mike are heading down to Gulf Shores tomorrow morning so will stop at that hotel, drop off these glasses and hopefully pick up mom's. Fedi dropped me off first so I could get the pizza started for our supper tonight then everyone else. The pizza was done by 5:00 pm and was delicious. I had a half of pizza just sausage pepperoni and cheese, another half with no pepperoni but it had 2 kinds of sausage, black olives, peppers, onions and cheese. Another pizza had everything then the final pizza had no black olives but everything else. I think we were all satisfied after that. Ruth is staying at mom's until Joan get's back. She took the truck and horse trailer and after the play the actors and actresses will load all the props and scenery into the horse trailer. She will be back very late.  This evening I realized I was almost out of the smarties I keep in my purse for grandchildren and grand nieces and nephews so got on Ebay and found a bulk box of 15 pounds going for $4.00 a pound with free shipping and a buy it now button so splurged. I'm pretty sure I will now be able to compete with Kathy on candy now.




No comments:

Post a Comment