Thursday, November 9, 2023

Nice Surprise

 We had a good walk this morning working on mom's calendar for the rest of this month. Karin left to go back to Florida to help John with is re-hab. Joan will stay at mom's each night and the rest of us will fill in as necessary. The ornamental grass on the dam is so pretty in the morning light. 


We had another nice day so today Lea was given a loading lesson. The first time she walked right in then backed out pretty quickly but I felt like it was not terrible. The second time she walked right in then turned around and threw herself on top of me to get out of the trailer throwing me to the ground. I laid there for a bit kind of shocked but still holding on to the lead rope and just praying she wouldn't step on me. When I was able to get up I was shocked to find one of my shoes missing. It wasn't anywhere near the trailer and I finally found it thrown about 30 or 40 feet toward the gate of the field. Not sure how that happened. I landed on my right side with my arm hitting first then the hip. I now have a pretty good size goose egg below my elbow. Kind of looks like I have 2 elbows. Lea was asked to get back in the trailer and this time I was prepared. She turned around to come out and I made her world come to an end yelling and threatening her with the whip. Thank goodness she stopped I was able to grab her lead rope. She still unloaded too quickly but again not terrible. I loaded her two more times then called Hoerr vet clinic to see if I could bring her in for an ultrasound. Since they didn't have time today she was let out of the trailer and the trailer backed into place. They will do an ultrasound tomorrow at 9:45 am. She ran right back over to Evan and showed so I really think she lost the pregnancy a couple months ago and is in season right now but will know more tomorrow. I'm pretty sore from the fall so didn't want to do any physical labor. I'm glad no one is asking me if I feel safe at home. I would have to say, "not today!"  Lea is 15 and I'm not sure if I will ever be able to trust her for loading and unloading. This is a learned behavior and she may not be able to unlearn it. This afternoon I took the serving spoons, wash rags and towels the Berean ladies so graciously donated for the barn over and saw a nice surprise. The Christmas tree is all decorated.  
There were all kinds of neat little treasures hung. 




We just need a star for the top. There is an angel but still room for a star.
There are even fun toys under the tree. I know it is too early but our first Christmas party here at this barn is Saturday then for the next 2 Saturdays we have Christmas parties booked. I'm glad the barn is getting used.  
Mark used the skid steer to spread more gravel on the barn drives then put some of that gravel in the bucket and brought it over here to put in the holes where the new posts are going in. He and Mackenson split more wood, still cleaning up the mess from the big silver maple branch that fell.








No comments:

Post a Comment