Saturday, July 8, 2023

Such a Productive Day

I went up first thing to the barn to check the cats. The mama cat Pickles and her kitten were waiting at the door. 


What I didn't know was Mark had the back door open yesterday while he was working and our cat named Grand daughter must have come inside and was locked in with Pickles and her kitten.  Thankfully all was well. In the picture below is at on the left side up on the stall top. She was given her food in her usual spot, inside that last stall.
While up the the apartment was swept and the air turned on for the guests coming in this afternoon.
I'm now able to be back to work without restrictions. Today was my turn to be with mom and for the first time in maybe 2 months I didn't need anyone to be on call, although Ruth was willing. Mom needed the stitches taken out of the window cushion so we can replace the foam inside. I couldn't find a stitch ripper but was able to get that done with a scissors. 
We got 2 and a half inches of rain during the night and mom's deck was flooded. We wanted to eat our lunch outside so I spent some time using the squeegee to get the water off the deck. We ate lunch while watching Braelyn, Taegan and Kensley play in the lake with their dog Pax.
We also enjoyed watching the birds at the feeder.
Diane came at 1:00 pm so I could take the truck down to Tri County RV to pick up the camper that needed the slideout worked on. That turned out to be an easy and relatively cheap fix thankfully. 
I got stuck behind a train as I was leaving that business.
The camper was parked at Joan's house and the 3 beds made up. Joan had the clean sheets waiting in her laundry room. The faucet finally came in for the 5th wheel and that turned out to be an easy fix. The spout just screwed right in. It doesn't match but it works and does not leak.
That was sure easier than replacing the entire faucet. The 5th wheel was given a good cleaning for the guest coming in on Monday. From there Mark and I went to the new barn to start cleaning the floors. I used the broom while Mark used the machines. I also got the windows clean but before I went to work I had to video Anna and the girls work today. Phil and Kensley arrived to work on the arcade game while we were working on the floors.
Check out the video below. The game room is very close to finished.
The sunset can be seen from the barn.
A bit later I snapped the picture below and then videoed the sun going down. The colors were just beautiful.

The laundry was finished this evening but I still need to work on the kitchen before bedtime so I'd better get off this computer and back to work. 
OH yes, one of these lovely ladies turns 40 on Monday and tomorrow we will be celebrating her birthday.













No comments:

Post a Comment