Tuesday, July 4, 2023

Independence Day 2023

I slept in the motorhome last night while Joan and Faith slept in the hammocks. I was up at 5:00 am waited until it was almost 5:30 am before sneaking out of the motorhome. The ground was heavy with dew and every single chair was wet, really wet. I walked around carrying my shoes and socks until I could find at least one chair not soaked. That is Faith in the picture below. 
When David came out of the camper I asked for help getting the left sock and shoe on and he was more than willing. It wasn't long before Elisabet and Israel awoke and came out.  David planned on leaving as soon as the kids were awake and had them loaded when Ruth came out of her camper with 2 cups of coffee, one for me and one for David. He turned her down and told us he was going to stop and buy a cup.  Joan was up and getting ready to make breakfast for her family when I was pulling out. She needed to move the motorhome just a few feet forward so my rig could make the turn and soon I was on my way home. I tried to call Mark to make sure he would meet me at the new barn with the golf cart so I could take a load of bedding and food to the house easily but he didn't answer. When I arrived though there was the golf cart waiting. It was like he read my mind. He was busy weed whacking around the barn. That camper needed to have the awning and slide out put out to dry some of the heavy dew off before putting it away but it was still pretty early so the camper was just left all opened up at the barn. After making our breakfast and enjoying another cup of coffee I went to work on the 5th wheel grabbing all of the bedding and towels, taking those down to the house so the laundry could be started. Mark emptied the tanks on both of the campers. Rachel was with mom this morning when I drove over to drop off the coffee, napkins, paper towels and toilet paper Karin ordered. Rachel shared that her Hobbit house airbnb in Bartonville made the quad city newspaper.
If you would like to read the article click HERE. After lunch we found that mom's remote for the lift chair had arrived and was on our front porch. That was taken over after lunch. We had 90 degrees today with bright sunshine AND very high humidity so all work done outside was very tiring. By afternoon we were both dragging. The camper was taken over to Joan's and parked then the truck taken to the house so the generator could be unloaded onto the golf cart around 3:00 pm. Mark and I got that job done and got the generator back on the front porch.  I was VERY thankful for that yesterday. We ran it most of the day at Middle Grove to keep the air conditioner on in the camper. I was thankful to have a place to cool off during the day since I can't swim for another week or so. We have the air on in the house. We both needed a nap today. I saw the picture below and it just fit both of us perfectly.
I'm not sure we even want to stay up tonight to watch fireworks. Yep we must really be getting old. Why in the past we would not miss driving in to the riverfront for the 4th of July fireworks. We can hear the sounds of distant booms. This year it seems many more are celebrating the independence of America or maybe it is just backlash from the awful stuff happening all around the world and our country last month.



No comments:

Post a Comment