Friday, July 7, 2023

Pickles

 Last night, Braelyn,  Berlica, Taegan and Kensley helped move Pickles the calico mama cat and her one remaining kitten over to the stall barn where I had food, water and a bed waiting for them. Pickles will hopefully be staying with us, her kitten will go back to Joan's house after they get home from the wedding.  When taking the kids back I stopped to take a picture of the sunset as the sky was beautiful but by this time the sun had was no longer in sight.

This morning just before heading over for the walk the mares, foals and Titus were grazing at the fenceline. Jury started walking up and was joined by Jewel and Titus. The two colts were busy playing with each other.
I took the folding cane over to mom's to see if that would work for our Florida trip. Karin was going to size it and it would hopefully fit mom. Ruth, Diane and I walked. Afterwards I left for TSC in Pekin to pick up cat dewormer and a can of wet cat food to mix it in. 
Since TSC in Pekin is close to Aldi it just made sense to get the shopping done too and I spent just over $100.00 on food. I know I should no longer be shocked at the inflation of groceries but each week I'm shocked all over again. Tuna went up quite a bit this week. The crazy thing about Pekin is gas there is $3.23 a gallon yet still $3.75 here in Hanna City.  Mark was at work until later today as he had 2 estimates but still got some weeding done after supper. Both the cat and the kitten were de-wormed this afternoon. Tomorrow I should take pictures of them as I keep forgetting to take my phone out to the barn., they really are pretty. I had to lock the kitten away for a while as I wanted to make sure the mama cat got the food with the de-wormer in it. 
The owner of the filly pictured below contacted me today.
She wants another just like her and wants to bring her mare back to be bred to Evan April 2024. We have been trying to retire from outside mares but her mare Whiskey was well behaved so I we will honor her request. 








No comments:

Post a Comment