Thursday, July 20, 2023

Almost Done

 Mark and I stopped at the barn early this morning to check out some of the work that happened yesterday and to look at the new vanities for the girl's and boy's bathrooms. We weren't able to see the vanities as they were still boxed. We didn't take the time to open them and that turned out to be a very good thing. The store sent the wrong vanity and Anna is taking it back tomorrow morning and picking up the correct one. She bought a king size bed for the bedroom and that should be delivered in 2 or 3 days. Joan didn't come on the walk, she was on her way to Indiana to pick up Berlica who spent this week in Bluffton with Bethany. Mark was working from home today which meant I couldn't make a lot of noise so went to Diane's office in Hanna City and balanced two months of the Horsemeister checkbook then worked outside and also in the Wildcat camper. I figured out why the mattress wasn't fitting correctly, the couch had moved about 6 inches away from the wall. Once that was back in place it fit perfectly.


I'm still not happy with the bunk room.
I had Anna look at it and we determined to get a full size folding memory foam mattress and just leave the couch a bed. IF someone is using the room it is easy enough to fold in half. I found this trifold full size and ordered it.
It was advertised as free returns and free shipping so if it doesn't work out I can always return it. I also bought a king size 12 inch memory foam mattress from Sam's club for the new king size bed. Anna will pick that up tomorrow when she returns the vanity. Anna needed a chisel and I thought Mark might have one in his back garage. On the way to the barn I stopped to take a picture of the tree with just one more limb.
That is our house behind it. That limb is as big as an entire tree.
When I reached the barn garage the first open drawer had a mouse nest in it. That was removed but no chisel then I saw Mark's tool bag on the bench, looked in that and saw a bunch of hay went to pull that out and a bird flew out. I think it was a wren, she was sitting on 4 eggs. 
Mark left to work outside and I thought I heard him on the tractor so grabbed the golf cart to drive up to see if he would help move a couple bales in. It wasn't Mark it was Mike on his John Deere mowing Sheena's paddock. Sheena is due in a couple weeks.
He also cleaned out a couple of shelters and mowed the middle paddock.
Jury was curious about what he was doing and kept coming into the shelter.
She is supposed to be due in 5 days but she if she is pregnant it must not be a very big foal AND she is still not producing any udder. I think she is just fat. Mike worked until dark.
While Diane and I were waiting for Mike to finish Anna sent a text that she found the chairs for the dining room table and ordered 12 of them. They were on sale for $40.00 each.
 We are almost done with big furniture purchases for the barn, other than the 68 more folding chairs.













No comments:

Post a Comment