Tuesday, July 25, 2023

Hope They Hold Off

 There was no reason to get up to the barn early so this morning I took my time not getting out of bed until 5:15 am. After cooking and eating breakfast the golf cart was used to swing by to check Sheena and Jury's udders. Sheena is bagging up but not yet ready and Jury's is still flat. On the walk we stopped and admired all the hair on the ground by Karin's car. It all came off of Karin's dog Studly, not Farkash the German Shepherd standing in the middle of the hair.

I quit before 8:00 am so I had time to stop at Kroger to pick up a coffee cake for the Berean volunteers except when I got into the car and pushed the start button the car was completely dead. The back doors had been left open on Friday and the light on drained the battery. No problem, I walked up to the barn, got in the truck only to find the truck was empty of gas, the gas gauge was reading below E and the warning sign flashing low fuel. That meant a trip to Casey's to fill the truck. Gas has dropped to $3.69.9 a gallon. This bidenomics is REALLY hurting the poor folks and even us middle class folks.
As long as I was at Casey's I picked up donuts and flips instead of going to Kroger. We had a very busy morning at the Berean office. If interested in reading about our morning there click HERE. I stayed to finish printing 50 each of the study numbers 5, 6, 7, and 8. Mark was home by the time I got home. He had gone to Tricounty RV to pick up some needed items to fix the 5th wheel plug. He spent some time talking to the owners and was impressed with their business. We had a treat for supper tonight. Beth made pizza, lots of different kinds of pizza from the Giant Goose Ranch restaurant and she and Greg brought it here for everyone. We met at mom's and enjoyed feasting and visiting with each other. After the pizza party was over we stopped in at the barn to check out the progress today. Phil had the kitchen sink faucet installed.
That big box on the sink belongs on the other side of the building not in the kitchen. The chair legs and the end tables arrived and Anna had them set up.
The guests in the Wildcat 5th wheel needed the gray water tank emptied. The guest came out as I was emptying the tank, watched how I did it and will do it himself before he leaves on Thursday. He and his family are very grateful to be staying here.  Before heading to bed I went one more time out to check udders. Below are Sheena and Valiant.
It was really hot today, the thermometer was only ready 89 but the real feel was 97 and by Friday it is supposed to hit 102 degrees. We sure don't want any foals born during this heat spell but if they hold off it is supposed to cool down some by Saturday. I'm sure hoping that happens. 







No comments:

Post a Comment