Wednesday, July 12, 2023

Bed Dilemma

 I went out early to check Sheena, she was all by herself standing at the fence.

She was fine, just didn't want to follow the others. Ruth Diane and I stopped in at mom's after walking. Diane showed mom how to get the Bible on her phone. Mom called while we were walking to tell us she couldn't find her Bible.  Ruth was with her today so hopefully she found it but meanwhile mom's phone will read aloud the Bible to her. On the way out both Diane and Ruth grabbed some of the garbage in the garage to take to the dumpster. 
We could see storm clouds in the West and before they arrived I wanted to get bales moved in. Mark was home so helped move in a bale for Valiant first. 
The second bale was put in the middle paddock just before the rain started.
The tractor and golf cart were put away and we went into the house expecting rain. That didn't happen, we got just a few sprinkles, not even enough to wet the ground. The storm blew right around us.  A bit later the sun came out. I went back out to take some pictures for the owner of Jewel's colt.
Jury was in the other shelter.
She is due in 6 days but still not filling of her udder.
 My next job was to make the beds in the Wildcat 5th wheel. It will be used the end of this month and I wanted to make sure the beds would work. I didn't like the way the airbed worked.
I decided that instead of an airbed a memory foam mattress would work better so went back to the house and ordered one on Amazon. That will be delivered on the 14th. The bunk room was worked on next. The bunk mattress was covered with a water proof mattress pad then the sheets and finally the comforter. The couch I left as a couch and just put the sheet on. 
I will try a mattress on that later, I don't like the air mattress on that pull out couch as when it is pulled out there is only about 6 inches of clearance to walk to the bathroom in the bunk room. Most kids would just jump on the bed to get to the bathroom and of course that just might pop an airbed. The problem is the drawer where the airbeds are stored is probably not big enough to store a memory foam mattress so the couch would need to be made into a bed and kept that way. I just don't know if it will work but will try it when the ordered mattress arrives.  

I ordered 2 more comforters for the two full size beds the couches make. Those should also be here on the 14th.  Mark and I left for church at 5:45 pm as we stopped at HyVee for supper first. We sat up with Israel and Elisabet. Tim Roecker had the message with David finishing up. If you would like to listen to that message click HERE.  The sun was just setting as we were driving home from church. I couldn't get the sun but got the clouds reflecting the bright colors.















No comments:

Post a Comment