Thursday, July 27, 2023

Hatched

 Today was another hot humid almost too hot to be outside day. Diane checked while we were walking at 7:45 am it was already 80 degrees with a real feel of 97. By the time I was moving a bale it was 94 degrees with a real feel of 109. I needed to put a new bale in the middle paddock and since the mares were down in the woods trying to keep cool I could do it by myself. The hog panel to wrap the bale was put outside the barn, the bale put over the hog panel then I got off the tractor to cut the net wrap off, lower the bale and then wrap the hog panel around it. That all took about 15 minutes. It was only after climbing back on the tractor and sitting down that the trouble came. It was like sitting on a hot radiator, so hot I had to jump right back up and find something to put down on the seat before moving the bale. Good thing I jumped up before getting blisters on my bum. 

After throwing the net wrap away in the dumpster I stopped at the barn to check out the bedroom. It is close to getting done. I'm thinking if there is room we may need a desk in there so a lap top could be plugged in.
 Braelyn and Berlica came to clean the apartment and once done came down to the house to cool off. Anna came to check their job then take the motorhome to her house to start packing for the camping trip. Nolan arrived to pick up the Salem camper to take to their house to pack. I took the golf cart over to Joan's to help him hook up.
He stopped at the dumpster to take a phone call. 
 Meanwhile the motor home popped a breaker at Phil and Anna's. Joan drove over to see what the problem was and that turned out to be the adapter. Thankfully Mark had another adapter. It would be miserable to try to camp in this weather without air-conditioning. When Phil arrived he and Anna came over to grab the truck, load up the bikes and fire wood then drove to Joan's to hook up the wildwood for Rhoda and Lee's family.  Phil drove that up to our house and left it ready to go for Rhoda tomorrow.
I stayed at Joan's to check out the baby wrens.  Remember the nest I found in barn's garage?
I couldn't leave the nest there, the 2 cats living in the barn would have eaten that mama bird. Both cats are experienced and very good hunters. I gave the nest to Joan, she put the eggs in the incubator and yesterday 3 of the 4 eggs hatched.  Faith is feeding them and they are all doing well so far.
Joan showed me the tubs she is making up for the campers for when family members use them. Each tub has dishes, pans for cooking, hot pads, utensils and other needed camping items.
It was getting dark when I did the final check on the mares. It has cooled down to 88 degrees now that the sun is almost down.
The campers will be leaving tomorrow morning for Sunset Lakes camp ground in Hillsdale, IL. The best part about that campground during this heat spell is the swimming pool.
They also have a very nice air-conditioned recreation room with lots of different games. 





















No comments:

Post a Comment