Monday, May 24, 2021

Hadassah's Filly by Evan

 Hadassah gave birth this morning around 5:20 am to a black filly out in the paddock. When I discovered them around 5:50 am the filly was still very wet but had gotten up and was trying to nurse. Hadassah wasn't due until June 7th, and her udder was not swollen and waxing so this was a surprise to me. They were brought inside a stall and by 6:10 the filly was nursing well. I believe this filly will stay black as the last 4 that were born this color stayed black. Below are pictures taken right after I got them in a stall.


I needed to head down to the Peoria post office to pick up the Berean mail but took these after I got home.




The morning was to busy to take any decent pictures. I had to move a bale in for the far shelter and will need to lock the mares off the pond pasture soon. After our walk, Joan who is leaving tomorrow for her big trip to Yellowstone, needed to give some instructions for the camping trailers and sent the bedding home for the Wolf Pup. That was taken on the golf cart. We had a good walk, stopping first to see the new filly. 

No comments:

Post a Comment