Thursday, May 6, 2021

Big Grandma Fail

 I went out early to check the mares and found Rosalie's filly in with the 2 yearlings. Rosalie was brought out and led into the stalls and a halter put on the filly as a reminder from yesterday. Then the 2 were put back where they belonged. Rosalie's udder was not too full and tight so they must not have been separated long. We did not have our walk this morning, it started raining at 7:00 am. Diane sent a text first to everyone and included mom in the text as Joan showed mom last night how to text and what the notification sound for a text was.. Each one was answering they would not walk and when mom sent, "me Too!"  Everyone was shocked. Joan sent first, "Mom just texted!!!" Diane  "Mom read her text and answered 👏 Ruth , "Great job Mom!" Mom  "I finally got a notice. It works!"  I wrote, "way to go mom!" Joan " Yeah now that we set the alert sound to something that you can hear it helps." Mom, "thanks!" I wrote, Mom are you getting my texts, both Diane and Joan thought I sent it to them alone but am typing this on the group text." Mom, "yes." Joan, "Now this one came through on the group text and so did the  one about you brushing her hair. So strange because often Judy's text come through on my individual text and not a part of the group,. I thought you were doing it on purpose Judy. I wrote, "Ruth did you get the text where I wrote way to go mom?"  Ruth, "yes I did" Joan, "Mom did you get Judy's text that said "way to go mom on this same group text or did it come in separately?" Mom, "I got them all. NOW please let me finish my breakfast in peace!" Joan, "Ha!" Ruth, "LOL" Joan, "Teach me to text" she said" show me how to do it" she said, "set it to something I can hear" she said. Now she wants us to leave her alone.😙". Ruth "I know and she can't resist looking when she gets the alert 😃 Joan, "She'd better not resist looking after all of that!" Ruth, "She's trying to ignore us now so she can EAT." We ALL had a good laugh. After heading back from brushing mom's hair I noticed that Lola's colt had gone under the fence into the back pasture and couldn't figure out how to get back with his mom. Lola was brought over to the gate and he ran in. What is it with foals today? I needed to leave at 9:10 to meet Jamie at the Hog Trough. I was a few minutes late but we had a very nice breakfast visiting for an hour. When I got home Rhoda and Sarah were here with their girls. The girls were playing outside while Rhoda and Sarah were cleaning inside. What a nice surprise! I took the girls on a golf cart ride while Rhoda tacked up Cookie for the girls. We found a beach ball in the woods. Below Zion is very carefully walking through the mud to get that ball.

We brought it back to the barn on the golf cart.
Rhoda had Cookie ready for Zion.
While Zion rode Cookie Eden and Iris climbed on Darryl the Barrel.


After Zion's ride Iris wanted a turn.
She got on but wanted right back off so Eden took her turn.
All 3 decided to ride together.

Zion got a second turn.

Sarah drove the golf cart giving Eden and Iris a ride while baby River was in the front pack while Rhoda held Cookies lead rope. Check out the video below and you will see a great big grandma fail. Not during the riding but when Rhoda was untacking Cookie the 3 girls were jumping on the tramp.

Below Zion is thanking Cookie for her good ride.
Kisses for Cookie

Rhoda trimmed Cookie's hooves before she asked the girls to lead her back.
Once Cookie was untacked Iris and Zion wanted to lead her back.

Cookie decided she didn't want to go in circles any more and stood on the lead rope.
Zion took Cookie out to graze as a treat before putting her back.
Cookie was put away and Soul brought out, teased and covered by Evan then she and her filly were led into a stall and the filly haltered. She remembered because by the time I got to the stall Rhoda was putting the halter on her and she was standing quietly. She was tied and all 4 hooves picked up.
Rhoda led them back to the paddock.
Next out was Lola and her colt. He was haltered and Rhoda picked up his hooves too.

When they were put away the truck bringing gravel for the new barn site was here dumping gravel.

Rhoda and Sarah left after lunch. I finished the laundry then started working on the pictures from today and posted the two videos. Amy Koch came over for a short visit then mom and I left for the "Young at Heart group dinner held at McAlister Deli. The food was delicious and plentiful but the company was even better. Such a fun but loving group. While there Ralph, Jamie's husband sent the text below: Jamie is in the hospital. They say she had a stroke, a small brain bleed. She's talking and can move everything but they moved her to Methodist hoping the bleeding will stop or it will be surgery. Please pray for her.   I'm asking everyone to please pray for Jamie. 

No comments:

Post a Comment