Thursday, August 8, 2024

Waiting For Guests

 The dumpster had some treasures this morning. Right away Joan claimed the tarp and pulled that out checking it out. There were no holes just some old paint on it.

She left it by the dumpster then checked out the gas can. She needed the spout so grabbed the can. Imagine her surprise to find it still had gas in it. 
Mike must have cleaned up. Joan took the gas can straight to mom's garage then we went in to visit. Karin had mom's breakfast done so Joan helped mom walk to the table.
She didn't quite make it to the table but Diane was right there with the wheel chair.
After a nice visit Diane left for work, Joan went straight to the dumpster to get her tarp and it was GONE, someone saw it, and snatched it. I drove Joan home on the golf cart then went home to make Mark breakfast. Mark not only had cooked breakfast for himself (we spent longer visiting then usual) He also had extra cooked for me AND I found out HE took the tarp. I'll have to deliver that tomorrow.
  After breakfast I took the truck down past Tri County RV to the business that had fixed the Wildwood slide out. We were glad to find someone to fix it and were pleased with the cost of $1700.00. We expected it to be much more as Tri County wouldn't touch it, they told us it was much to big of a job for them. On the way home I stopped at Sam's Club as we were out of cat food and I was going right by there. Joan wanted the camper at her place and had the motorhome moved into her drive. She was working on the fresh water system as the water pump was spitting water instead of giving a stream of water. I thought it was because the fresh water tank was empty and the gauge wasn't working but that wasn't the case. It turned out to be a simple fix, the fresh water tank had become plugged up. Mark had a brand new half inch plastic plug with some teflon tape and that was exactly what was needed. She had the motorhome ready just in time for the renter picking it up today. I stopped at the barn on the way home, picked up some orange juice and took that to the apartment then was checking the horses and noticed the middle paddock waterer was overflowing. This morning it was fine, this afternoon it had lost a lot of water soaking the ground almost to the pavilion. The picture below is after I stopped the overflowing water. 
When I finally got home, I had just sat down on the comfortable rocker when Jamie called to tell me Ralph just wasn't going to be able to bring Legacy and asked if I could come. The stock trailer was hooked up and 10 minutes later I was pulling into their drive. Below Ralph is putting a halter on Legacy.
Myrrcedes is looking out the window. Myrrcedes is a Raven daughter out of our Arabian mare Paris.
She was joined by Legacy's dam Dakota.
Legacy actually jumped into the trailer then almost ran to the front of it. She was tied, the doors were shut and I was on my way home. She unloaded well out of the side door and was taken right over to Valiant to tease. She was not interested. Valiant is her sire so tomorrow I'll try teasing her with Evan. She was put in the short shelter paddock, there is a lot of grass in there plus a bale of hay. She had to check everything out.
She is quite impressive, standing close to 17 hands tall and baroque. Check out the neck on her in the picture below.
She saw some of our horses in the pond pasture and took off with her tail flying high.
Sally came over to greet her in the picture below.
I went inside to take a shower and get clean clothes on as we have guests coming in for the conference. At 6:00 pm Spark was over working on his side by side in the big trailer. I stopped to talk to him and noticed the TB mares would be out of hay by tonight.
Bummer I didn't want to go down to change back into barn clothes so tried really hard to put a new bale in without getting covered in hay. It isn't easy climbing on the tractor in a skirt, a long skirt at that and I had one of my good Horsemeister T Shirts on that I try to keep just for when I go into town or in public. A skirt is dangerous on a tractor. One time without thinking I jumped off the tractor the skirt got caught on the gear pole and flipped me right on my back. Thankfully I had turned the tractor off before jumping off. 
Well I got it done without too much damage and was VERY careful climbing off the tractor, holding the skirt up and away from the gear pole.  My guests haven't arrived yet so while waiting fried up 3 pounds of bacon and 3 pounds of sausage for the breakfast tomorrow. Diane has been at church working in the kitchen making dinner for the Elders, ministers and their wives. She took the picture below of these very talented lovely ladies who are all amazing cooks.
After the dinner, a singing is scheduled and after the singing our guests will be driving here.  We have turned on the outside lights so hopefully they won't get lost driving around the neighborhood looking for their accommodations. 



















No comments:

Post a Comment