Friday, August 16, 2024

Jury Out

 We received almost an inch and a half of rain during the night.

That added to the more than half inch yesterday and we got a solid 2 inches. The fields and yards are growing again and so are the weeds. Crazy how tall they get around here. The tree branch over Mike and Diane's was leaning way over the driveway so Mark brought out his trusty chain saw and got that removed.
Yesterday he got a big box in from Amazon and I was curious to what was in it. He opened it up last night to try it out. 
This morning he put it where he wants it to stay while the ground is wet.
It is such a big area he needs more poles. He had to use bricks to stop the poles from falling over. He is trying to keep cars off the grass in that area so we won't have any bald spots. He said he would move them if the ground is dry and we need more parking spots. The foaling apartment guests seemed to be gone, at least their car was gone early this morning but check out isn't until 11:00 am so I was assuming they may have gone to breakfast but by 10:00 am I finally peeked inside and then could tell they were gone. We have new guests coming in today so the cleaning started immediately. Anna had borrowed the truck so I knew she wasn't available. This guest had left the apartment very clean but had left a book. I notified her and got her address then ran it right up to the Hanna City post office getting their by 10:15 am. They are only open on Saturdays from 9:00 am to 10:30 am. Once the book was on the way it was back to work for me. I was able to finish before noon so took Lily's colt out of the paddock and into a stall to grain him. He stood very well for haltering and led very well into the barn and then into a stall. 

He really is an impressive colt. By noon I was at mom's to take Joan's place. She needed to deliver a camper to a campground in Goodfield before leaving for the weekend.  Mom wanted a BLT for her lunch and has wonderful vine ripened tomatoes to go on that. She ate every bite. We were watching the hummingbirds off her deck at lunch.
After her bath we sat on the deck to dry her hair in the sunshine. She could see Rhonda enjoying the lake from the deck. We went inside and noticed the hummingbird feeder on the playground side was also getting used.
Spark and Rhonda came in for a visit. I ran home then to change my laundry machines and check on the horses quick before going back to mom's with ingredients for supper. We had deluxe pizza  and egg rolls for our supper. Mark had been working on sharpening mower blades on the mowers at mom's house but soon got the tractor to grade the driveways. That rain came pretty hard and our hill was washed out pretty badly. 
Mark came in to share our supper so I ran to the barn to work with Lily's colt making sure he got more grain. Jury and the colt were moved into the far paddock, The one they were in had a nest of ground hornets that attacked and stung me this morning. It was hard to get that gate latched without getting stung again. This evening they were not out so I was able to moved them Jury was teased and is now out. Jewel is still in but was covered yesterday. I'll try her in the morning.. My new guests were there and came out to visit so I gave them a quick tour of the horses before going back to mom's house. 
After supper we watched the true story of how the Make A Wish foundation was started. Ruth arrived as that was ending to spend the night with mom. She told us about Fedi's operation and shared some pictures of after his surgery.
While Ruth was helping mom around 8:00 pm to get ready for bed I stepped out on the deck to take the pictures below.

The refection on the lake was beautiful. I'm so thankful to live here. As I was typing this the wind picked up and the thunder started. Our electricity has been flickering but so far holding. I didn't know we were supposed to get more rain but it is welcomed. 




No comments:

Post a Comment