Thursday, April 16, 2020

Okana's Colt SOLD

It was really hard to get up and get going this morning. It was 28 degrees with a real feel of 22 and we had a pretty heavy frost but we walked anyway. When we got to Diane and Mike's Joan and Ruth covered up the jeep again. We are expecting 4-6 inches of heavy WET snow this evening.
 They were trying to figure out how to keep it from blowing off and decided to use the horse ties.  We laughed, it kind of looked like they were trying to get the jeep to stay.
After the walk I went to work moving a new bale in for Evan, cleaning the indoor arena where Lola and her filly spent the night then cleaning stalls.  Soul and her filly were moved into the front stall so the other one could be stripped.  Lola and Brynja (the filly's new name) were put in the pond pasture with Indy, Oksana and the 2 colts. They all ended up grazing across the pond together but Brynja didn't really interact with them. Lola was pretty protective and each time they came too close would pin her ears and they would run back to their dams. Karin arrive while I was moving Evan's bale and worked with Sangria first.



 The next horse out was Galena and today Galena put on a show. She is learning to rear on demand and gets a treat from Karin each time. We are amazed at how long she stays up and balanced.

If you would like to see the rest of Galena's pictures from today click HERE.
When Karin finished up with her she rewarded her by finding her sweet spot for scratches.Check out that upper lip, Galena is saying, "oh that feels good, don't stop!"
Karin worked with Sally next on relaxation techniques but no pictures of that, I needed to hook the 2003 truck up to the 4 horse Exiss trailer. Karin is taking 5 horses out to Justin's new land on Saturday for an adventure. There are suppose to be 4 wheeler trails out there. She promised to get pictures as I won't be able to go. At noon she picked up Faith and Berlica for a trail ride here. Faith rode Sally, Berlica rode Missy and Karin rode Sangria.
If you would like to see the rest of the trail ride pictures click HERE.
Diane sent a picture by text of her baking cookies while Mike bounces a ball during this shelter in place.  Ruth was staying at mom's and told Diane to send it by text to mom so she could practice opening it and then sending a text back. Well by the time mom was done we were all laughing hysterically.  Ruth taught mom how to speak text and below is how this text turned out.
Thanks Diane I'll try that I'm trying it now let me know if you get it by by it all turned out good oh that's so much easier what but still doing it  How do I get that off thanks. I'll try that I'm trying it down let me know if you get it bye bye it all turned out good oh that's so much easier but I'm still it still stood still typing how do I stop it it's still working I don't know how to turn it off it's still do it I push send I push send it but it's sill doing it to Juicy help me I can't talk to it anymore I keep Skype 
Joan writes:  That is hilarious ðŸ˜‚. The things we do for entertainment.  Give our elderly mother a smart phone!!😂😂😂
Okana's Colt sold tonight. The owners had made arrangements to come see him on Saturday and pay the deposit but the husband was just a little to worried that someone else would put down the deposit so they sent that by paypal just now.  

Soul's filly is doing wonderful, she is strong and nursing well. She got a lot of handling today which is good. The walkers stopped in to see her this morning then this afternoon she got her hooves picked up and was asked to stand still while every part of her body was touched and rubbed. She didn't like it at first but by the time I finished she was quiet and accepting. It is snowing right now big fat wet flakes and already they are sticking. 
One kind of funny thing happened on Facebook. I belong to this group called aging horsewomen and posted the video of Lola's 2 day old filly galloping around her mama. Someone made a comment, "why would you breed an English horse to a Western horse?" along with some other nasty comments. Instead of just ignoring the comment I wrote back. "Why not be thankful for a healthy beautiful foal and a safe delivery instead of criticizing my choice to breed Lola to Valiant." Well I'm not sure WHO I offended but this is what I was sent:  
 An admin turned off your ability to post and comment.
You won't be able to do these actions until Dec 31, 1969, 6:00 PM
I'm pretty sure I've been banned for a long long time or maybe forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment