Wednesday, April 1, 2020

Exactly What She Needs

I had a hard time falling asleep after leaving Oksana but think I dropped off around 3:30 am. 5:00 am came around pretty quickly. I know I got up once to check the monitor to make sure the colt was nursing and didn't see him nursing then but saw he was up and walking around Oksana. By 5:00 am he was nursing well, pooping and peeing and Oksana's udder had been nursed pretty flat. This colt is hungry. I took a few pictures of him all dried off for the website. He is SILVER. When a Friesian is born that rare silver color it usually means he will be the non fading blue black. His tail is much thicker and longer than most newborns but then he WAS 11 days late.

He is friendly, sweet and very hungry. When he nurses, he wags his tail like a lamb when nursing.
As today is the first day of the month the next job was to drive in to Meisters to pay the first of the month bills. From there I came home and took the truck and trailer to Middle Grove hauling that big heavy camera up the hill to get pictures of all the horses and spent a lot of the time taking lots of pictures. I was going to bring Sally and Cookie home but when checking udders Lola's is starting to bag up. She is due April 13th so she and Cookie were brought back. I only had the 2 horse trailer. Those two were put in with Joshua and Josiah. Tomorrow I'll work on the cabin field to see if they can be moved there when I bring home Sally.  Back in the house I was shocked to find that the camera card had not been put in the camera correctly and the card was empty.   Rosalie and Galena will both need to be brought home to get bred. I'm almost positive that Galena lost her foal.  The grass out there is growing well. Instead of working on pictures this afternoon videos were worked on. When Indy delivered I was the only one around so the video of her giving birth to her colt on March 13th, is very short. I had to drop the camera to get the sack off of the colt's face. 
Last night with Oksana I had Amy's help. Below is the video of Oksana giving birth April 1st, 2020
This evening 8 of us met at mom's for church. Joan and her children, Mark and I and mom. Tim Roecker had the message on Philippians 2. After church we had to admire mom's new walkers. Joan found this on Facebook market place new still in the box in East Peoria. Molly picked it up, Rhonda got it from Molly and today mom got it from Rhonda but when they opened up the box there were 2 walkers in the box and 2 sets of wheels. One has the big 5 inch wheels for walking outside on our gravel drives and the other has the regular wheels for in her house. Isn't it amazing how she got exactly what she needs by accident.  

No comments:

Post a Comment