Wednesday, April 29, 2020

Irish's Filly is Sold

We had a nasty day today, rain all day and the high of the day was in the morning during our walk. It was 52 degrees but felt really chilly. Irish's filly is doing great. I checked on her during that short night from 2:00 am to 6:00 am just a couple times but both times I got up to check she was up and nursing. At 6:00 am when I went out to feed she was up and full of energy. Her umbilical cord was checked and that seemed nice and dry. She is peeing, pooping and nursing well. Irish is being a good mother. The pictures below were taken for the website. Check out that mustache in the last picture.







After the walk I drove to the Aldi in Pekin for groceries and ended up spending $88.00. That is a lot of groceries. They had fresh chicken breasts, a 10 pound bag for $10.00 so chicken stir fry is what we will have for church lunch and Sunday dinner.  Aldi also had all the vegetables that go with the stir fry.  This afternoon I slept.
This evening Irish's filly sold. She will be going to Iowa when weaned. The buyer sent the deposit by paypal. Now she has to come up with a name for the registration papers. That is a job I don't do well with so I'm always thrilled when these foals sell before I try to name them.
I have to head up to the barn one more time tonight to feed and fill water buckets and of course handle and play with the filly. She really is adorable.
Mom and Joan made it to Gulf Shores just a little after 11:00 pm last night but mom reported she was up at 6:00 am thrilled to be there. They are having rain today but the next 8 days bright sunshine and warm weather are predicted. So much nicer than here. Our week next week is going to be another below average temperatures all week. Perfect grass growing weather. Yesterday the sun was shining so nice and the Redbud tree is now blooming so I took the picture below but forgot to post it.
I only remembered when coming back from the barn in the rain but it is SO beautiful I wanted to share here. 
Just got a notice that our Peoria church is already live on Facebook for tonight so this post will end and after church I'm heading straight to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment