Wednesday, April 15, 2020

Snow in April

We awoke to snow coming down and below freezing temperatures.  The monitor had been checked during the night and at 5:00 am Soul's new filly was nursing well and when done nursing trying out those long legs of hers by trying to canter around her mom. When I finally stepped out of the house around 6:30 the snow was coming down in big fat flakes. Indy and Oksana were up grazing by the fence with their colts. Hard to believe this is the middle of April.
 It was sticking on the grass and cars but not the drives so we were sure it wouldn't last too long. 
I got the arena cleaned up and Soul's stall cleaned up and started on Lola's stall before deciding I had to have a nap. Turning 65 means we get to take naps again. I really didn't get one at that time though there was just too much laundry that had to be done. AC central was turned on while doing the laundry. This afternoon the sun came out and started melting the snow. Mom and Ruth came walking over so they were put to work with helping me get Soul and her filly outside for a few pictures for the website. They weren't kept out very long as it was still pretty cold and the filly should not be stressed out. It was only after downloading the pictures that I realized I didn't get a frontal face shot of her tiny star. That will need to be taken later for the registration. 
 Mom and Ruth were enjoying watching them move a bit. 


When they were put away I brought 2 loads of wood hauled in for our woodburner. Mark started that this morning but we burned through all the wood we had inside by the afternoon. Only after that was burning brightly again is when I finally laid down on the couch and slept.  
We had chicken fajitas for dinner tonight then went to mom's for church. Matt got that big monitor hooked up. Joan's family joined mom, Mark and I and we listened to Gregg Rumbold give the message on Facebook live. I will need to run up to the barn one more time to feed, water and pick out Soul's stall and of course check on that filly before heading to bed. 








No comments:

Post a Comment