Monday, May 25, 2009

Updates

UofI called and Lily is doing GREAT. They are taking her off fluids and giving her a flake of hay every 4 hours. Her filly Ciera is also doing well.
After my husband and I spent 4 hours splitting wood today I drove out to the farm to get Big Sally covered but she is out of season. Mike pulled out Velvet to see if she was still in and she is not. The only one in right now is Jazz and she was covered last night. Raven was fed, then we moved in 2 round bales. I headed over to the cabin to check on Sanna. Sanna's leg breaks out if it is humid or muddy and because of the rain and mud her right hind leg was swollen on Friday. She was taken out of the mud and put at the cabin field with Bunni, Mika, Paris, Autumn and Jewell. None of them are her friends but this is actually good, it is keeping her moving. I pulled her sulpha and saw I only have one dose left after today. I'll have to take a trip to Morton for more. I still need a name for Sangria's colt and Big Sally's colt. Mike said he wanted to name Big Sally's colt but he hasn't gotten the job done. We talked about moving horses to Middle Grove but Mike went out yesterday and he will need to mow around the perimeter as the grass is so tall it is shorting out our electric fence. We will try for next weekend. It is a cloudy, rainy day and not so good for a picnic but we are still going to be grilling hamburgers.

No comments:

Post a Comment