Saturday, May 9, 2009

Clara


Clara showed up this morning with a torn upper left eyelid. We can't figure out how, or where she cut it, she was in the cabin pasture with 2 weanlings and that is a 7 acre cleared pasture. I was video taping Classy last night and she was fine. I had to run her to Dr. Hoerr's today to get it stitched up. He thought it probably had been cut within a few hours of us finding it.
On a GREAT note we got 4 bookings for June. All to the same owner and all shipped semen. We LOVE that way of selling stud fees. There is no work for us and no danger to Raven. I had a lady ask me how I could take any risk with Raven for a measly $750.00 stud fee because we offer live cover. I know that without live cover, I would not have my Lily. I really appreciate a stallion owner that offers this and Raven is very careful.
We hauled in some of our round bales of hay left at the MiddleGrove farm as we have now run through all 82 bales I bought in March. We are going through more than one large round bale a day. WE MUST cut back in number of horses. I do not want to feed this many next winter.

No comments:

Post a Comment