Friday, May 15, 2009

Karin and the Girth


Karin was excited about her new vaulting surcingle except she felt the girth was a little too big. She decided to send it back and get the smaller one. She was obsessing about the girth so much that the day before she sent it back she dreamed that she cut off small pieces and made appetizers with it by wrapping pieces of the girth in bacon, then when she was wrapping it up to send it back she saw that she ate too much off of it. When she woke up she was so glad it was a dream. So she sends it away and the smaller one comes and guess what, It is so small we cannot get the ends to meet. So she had to send that one back and get the original. She will just have to use extra padding.
Steven Marchal headed out to the farm today to feed the mares and clean stalls. He let the girls out in the indoor arena for some free time before the vaulters showed up. AGAIN I am so GLAD I have my OWN barn. We use to have to share arena time with all the boarders and now when ever we want the arena it is ours for the using. I posted a picture of some of the current vaulters. There are at least 5 not in this picture, the Reinhard girls and the Meister kids.
Steven called to tell me that I would not have to go out tonight, the horses are taken care of until morning. It is now 5:13pm and STILL RAINING right now we are having a thunderstorm. It hasn't stopped raining all day. The lady coming down to see Vanyel's Raven Lady is coming tomorrow on a motorcycle all the way from Wisconsin. I told her the rain is suppose to stop by 7:00am tomorrow and she is planning on leaving around 7:00 and hopes to be here by noon, so she should have good weather for the trip. Karin needs the trailer by 9:00am, I might just stay and clean up Lady for her showing. I don't ever think we have had mud this bad. I want to order the lime for the paddocks but we must let them dry enough to clean them out first.

No comments:

Post a Comment