Monday, May 4, 2009

Monday May 4th, 2009

I was out to the farm early to care for Lily and Ciera. I checked her cord and decided I was going to have to iodine and bandage it. I turned both Lily and Salena and their foals out in the big field while I cleaned stalls, fed the Andalusian mare, and Raven. Then I headed to the cabin to check on Clara, Jewell and Paris. The were all fine and Mike had already taken care of them. I brought in Salena and her colt but left Lily and Ciera out. Drove home, got the supplies I needed for Ciera, then took off for Morton, IL to return the goblets we borrowed for the benefit dinner. By the time I got back to the farm, Lily and Ciera were waiting by the door to come in. I walked Lily over to Raven to see if she is coming into her foal heat but she was not very emphatically NOT. Jamie helped me with Ciera's cord and we think the bandage looks good and should stay on. I'll have to check it in the morning. I'm praying that it will be dry in the morning. Lady is still showing no sign of coming in season. I'm afraid we missed her and I think I will spend the money to get her another sonagram to see where she is in her season.
When I got home from the farm, there is just enough time to type this then get going to Sam's for the shower supplies we are holding tonight for Jozef Davidovics and Tina Colburn. I will be so ready for bed after we finish cleaning up the fellowship hall from the shower. Hope it is not later than 10:30pm.

No comments:

Post a Comment