Saturday, May 16, 2009

Lady is Sold

What a busy day at the farm. We got the truck and trailer there around 9:00am for the trail riders. They saddled up and took 7 horses to Sandridge State Forest for a trail ride. Before they left, I had Mike help me get Lady covered by Raven. Steven had the mares loose in the indoor arena as after 5 inches of rain the fields are just too muddy to put them in. Steven and I started working on stalls and got them cleaned up in no time. We moved the mares and foals into the very muddy paddock so they could at least enjoy the sunshine. We then brought in Lady to clean her up for the people coming to see her. Steven started working on her tail and it took about an hour to get it beautiful. Lady has the thickest, longest tail I've ever seen on a three year old. Just as the Wisconsin people showed up to see Lady, a trailer drove up and it was Beth to pick up her Andalusian mare, Grace. They get her loaded, pulled away and a mini van pulls up and it was the couple to see Salena. It was pretty chaotic for a while. By 2:00pm the trail riders were back and all were on their way and I was headed for home.
Kickapoo Creek Road is closed, the creek is way flooded. The people from Wisconsin had a few detours because of flooding roads.
As I was sitting here typing this, I hear a knock on the door. The people that looked at Salena drove over to tell me they want to buy her and will bring the deposit by on Wednesday. I won't mark her sold until I actually have the deposit because we have had people change their mind in the past.
Mark and I are headed out to a concert in Galesburg tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment