Thursday, May 14, 2009

Square Bales

Today at work I got out 44 boxes of Bibles to different chaplains all over the United States. Each box has 12 Bibles, 12 studies, 12 letters explaining the study and 12 business reply envelopes. After work I drove out to the farm, checked to see if Lily was still in season but she is finally out. The mares were waiting to be turned out and fed. While I was letting them graze, I weeded some of the field. When I was a child I hated weeding the garden and now I am weeding a 17 acre hay field and would RATHER do it then go clean my house. After working a couple of hours on the field, I quit and left for Farmington, IL to look at some hay for sale. I ended up buying 100 square bales so I drove back to Hanna City and borrowed Mike's truck and the stock trailer, drove back to Farmington, loaded it and drove it back to the farm where I just parked the truck in the indoor arena. Mark grilled hamburgers for dinner and they were delicious, smothered in sauteed onions and mushrooms. Then we drove out to unload the truck and trailer. Ralph came over and helped so I helped Jamie work her mare Dakota. Once the trailer was emptied we stacked the bales that were in the truck in the indoor as we ran out of space in the storage area. Spark came over to borrow Mike's truck so he helped us unload the truck. Mike and Rhoda jumped on a couple of horses and rode the trails, Rhoda on Jenis and Mike on Autumn. They just rode them bareback but both mares were perfect. I tested Sangria's milk. She still is not close but I can see a difference in her udder today. I'm thankful that it is starting to fill up. Diane rode the 4 wheeler over so we got some visiting in until it was time for Mike to help get Lady covered. Today was a beautiful day, bright sunshine and high in the low 70s. Tonight there is suppose to be rain coming in again. I left all the mares out but had Mike move in a second round bale so Big Sally and Sangria don't have to wait for Lily and Salena to move away from the bale before they can eat.

No comments:

Post a Comment