Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Salena and Colt



The deposit came today for Salena and her colt. We will be delivering them within 2 weeks. I hope the colt's registration papers come in time. I got an email from the Friesian Heritage Horse International today and they said the 6 registrations I sent in are all filled out and will be in the mail soon, so I think Palmers will be here in time. Lady was teased and she is NOT in season so we will count down until we can have her sonagram. She is sold and leaving for WI as soon as she is confirmed in foal. Big Sally was teased and she is still not in her foal heat. I may have missed it but I don't think so. Steven tried her at 7 days and we have tried every day since. Her colt is now 10 days old. He is so full of himself running and bucking, yesterday he was trying to climb up the big round bale. Jazz got covered today, Since she had a shot to bring her in, her heat probably won't last very long and we need to make sure she is taken care of. We decided that we are going to sell Velvet. This season will be her only chance to settle, if she does or doesn't she will be placed for sale. I know she will have a better home in foal to Raven than if we just sell her as a brood mare. I really do want the best home I can find for her. She raised a fantastic colt last year. We are working on making our goal of cutting back 10 horses before winter. I heard from Jeff from Tennessee, he bought Lily's colt 2 years ago. He said he is impressed with how easy Raven's babies are to train. I posted his email on my feedback page of the website along with a picture he sent and of course I had to post it here on the blog. I also posted a picture on my photo gallery foals page. The colt really does look like a purebred. Raven is doing GREAT at throwing himself!

No comments:

Post a Comment