Friday, December 10, 2010

Pneumabort Shots

Steven stopped by early to pick up a bent section of a round bale feeder for the new shelter then met me at the farm to install it. There was only about 15 minutes before the walk started so he was left to figure out a way to secure it without help. After the walk Wynne, Sangria and Lily were taken out for their Pneumabort shots, it was very necessary to give these with Steven's help, not on Wynne or Sangria but LILY. She is awful to give shots to, she tries to pin the shot giver against a wall. Steven distracted her with grain until the needle was in but she still tried. Ever since she was taken to UofI at 8 months old with EPM she HATES needles. She wasn't too bad today. Hard to believe we have foals due in a little over 3 months. Jewel was taken out and sticked, at 2 and a half years old she is almost 15.3. She is going to be HUGE. Right now her mane and tail are full of burrs and no time to remove them. There was a message on my cell that I needed to send an electrician to Bridlewood as the entire electrical line on the right was not working. On the way home Meister Electric was called, Crystal sent someone right up. Of course when I get to Bridlewood there is NO PROBLEM. Yesterday everyone out here lost their electricity which meant the GFI needed to be reset. Next time I'm told to send an electrician, I'll go myself FIRST it is MUCH CHEAPER. Then it was down to Meisters to process letters, hundreds of Bible requests were entered into the computer and printed out. I'll have to check if the Skyline home got the boxes wrapped Willie Hofstetter took down a while back. There are only 5 or 6 boxes left here.
Finally the refund came from the Northern IL Horse Fest, but it was only a partial. I'm grateful to get any money at this point. Wayne Williams was emailed to let him know the fest owes more money but I won't hold my breath on getting it.
Tonight we are all invited to Ben and Taunya's for dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment