Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Email from Erin


Hi Judy-

It has been a while since I sent some pictures of Hope. She is doing great!!! The best horse ever, she is so easy going about everything. I can't imagine my days with out her, she keeps me busy. We had to put her best friend Tyee down about 4 weeks ago. He was 32 and just plain tired, she looked for him for awhile but now has the rest of the herd to keep her busy. I hope all is well with you and your family and you have a great Christmas. I will continue to thankyou for ever for such a great horse!!!! That Raven is quite the dad. Take care and I will keep you posted. You will see in the pictures how relaxed she is, no care in the world. If she sees me with the camera she wants to take the picture, so I get the pictures i can.

Thanks again,
Erin Rittschof
Check out that thick long tail with such an unusual color and just look at those FEATHERS!

Thanks Erin for the update and pictures. Hope is quite the girl! She is out of a Haflinger mare and by Raven.
Tonight was family night and Darren Plattner from Champaign, IL was our speaker. He was amazing, in fact during one part, Rhoda leans over and says,"I feel like running up to the pulpit and giving him a high five!" The title of his talk was Open the eyes to your heart. He explained how the eyes can just see but to see with the heart is different. One example was a newborn baby and how that baby is so lovely in the eyes of the parents but he thinks the baby looks like a prune. He read St. John 9 about the blind man who was blind from birth but then healed by Jesus on the Sabbath. The Pharisees could only see with their eyes and as Jesus healed on the Sabbath, He must have been a sinner. The blind man, seeing with his heart exclaims " Why herein is a marvelous thing, that ye know not from whence he is, and yet he hat opened mine eyes. If this man were not of God he could do nothing."
When church was over, Tim asked the young group to come up and sing the song, Open the Eyes of My Heart Lord. At that point Rhoda whispers, "it just keeps getting better and better!"
What a night!

No comments:

Post a Comment