Tuesday, August 22, 2023

Selfie

 It was really hard to get up this morning and I was thankful for coffee. I think just maybe I worked too hard yesterday. The golf cart was taken over to mom's loaded with the Berean treat and my purse and right after the walk instead of going home that was loaded into the wheel chair van.  Mom, Aunt Jinnie and I were on the way to the Berean office by 8:30 am and arrived shortly after 9:00 am. We had a lot of mail and worked hard there. If you would like to read about our morning click HERE. We got home just after noon and found left overs for our lunch. Joan arrived at 2:00 pm to relieve me. Instead of going to work moving bales I just laid down to rest a bit and fell sound asleep dreaming Mark took me to a Bistro and the table we were sitting at was filthy, then the food came and he kept giving it to the homeless man sitting next to him.  I must have been hungry as when I woke up I decided to make supper early.  Right after supper we needed to start moving the final 17 bales but I really didn't want to wash my hair for the 3rd day in a row. That meant finding something like a shower cap to keep my hair from getting filled with bits of hay and dirt. There wasn't a shower cap in the house but I found a cloth bag and stuck that on my head and took a selfie to make sure the hair was covered. BTW I think this is my first selfie.

With both of us working we were done by 6:45 pm. Below Mark is parking the tractor and I have just gotten off the skid steer. 
The bag worked. I shook off my head and the dust and debris flew off. Some of it stuck and since it was very hot, over 90, it stuck to my skin too.
A shower got the rest of the hay off. Phil and Anna were here working on the barn and of course Mark and I had to go check out what's new. We have a light hung above the kitchen sink.
There is a new clock on the wall.
And we have hooks by the front door.
The boys bathroom just needs a board for the edge of the shower, a shower curtain and a door.

The girls bathroom still needs the stalls, the edge board for the shower, a shower curtain and a door.

Both of the bathrooms are bright with an abundance of light. 
A wonderful update came from the owner of Ayanna. She writes: Ayanna is a barn favorite! I truly love her to death 
Ayanna looks wonderful and I'm pleased she has a wonderful home with Julie.
Sarah sent us a picture of Nolan and one of the fish he caught. 
They are down at Gulf  Shores with Brian and Rebekah's family. The Gulf water had too many jellyfish so they drove to Ft Morgan and found the beach they used during the lockdown during Covid. It is private, hard to reach about a mile walk, and not easy to find so no one knew to kick them off of the beach. The girls had a good time there then and now. 
















No comments:

Post a Comment