Tuesday, August 8, 2023

Poor Sheena

 We got news early this morning that Sheena's colt died. Dr. Hoerr reported he was doing better but last night had diarrhea and by morning he was gone. Poor Sheena but she will get over it. By tonight she wasn't even calling for him.  On our walk I stopped to take a picture of Spark and Rhonda's barn. The repairs are going well. 

Right after the walk I picked up Aunt Jinnie, drove to the gas station to fill the Prius then drove to the Berean office and the both of us went right to work. We didn't have a lot of mail. IF you would like to read about our morning there click HERE. We stopped at the Hanna City post office to drop off the Bibles and studies for mailing. Mark was working from home today but took a break and repaired the tire on the golf cart. I had picked up a screw and it was slowly losing air. He had a patch kit in his garage and had it fixed in a few minutes. He didn't even have to take the tire off to repair it.  I needed to leave by 1:00 pm for the angiogram CT scan. That hadn't been done since Mayo Clinic repaired the aortic aneurysm Oct 2017 and Dr. Adler my new cardiologist wanted to compare today with then.  I only had to wait an hour at the hospital before I was taken up for that test.  The results were posted soon after I got home. All is well and the repair is holding.  After supper we drove over to the barn, Mark straightened up the gym area and swept that while I folded the blanket throws that were in the dryer then went back to work in our house. This evening Sheena was checked on. Tomorrow I'll need to tease Jury and cover her if she is still in. I should have done that tonight but am just kind of heart sick over the loss of Sheena's colt. We breed the mare and wait almost a year for the foal and then heartbreak. Almost always all is fine but last year we lost the last 4 foals then this year Jury must have lost her pregnancy during the winter and then Sheena's died. Maybe it really is time to retire. 
A very nice update came in from the owner of Gideon (Soul x Evan) What an amazing pair he and his rider make. Another 2 blue ribbons.
Updates like that make me understand it isn't really time to retire. We are still providing wonderful for horses for loving owners. I CAN do this. 



No comments:

Post a Comment