Sunday, August 20, 2023

Favorite Day

 We needed to be at mom's by 9:10 am to pick up Uncle Johnny and Aunt MaryLou for church but Mark's car had too many tools in it for a quick clean out so we used my car. Mark was not happy to have to work on Sunday and sweep out the back seat. There were muddy footprints not just on the floor but also on the seats. I haul muddy children sometimes. We drove up at 9:09 am and there they were standing outside waiting for their ride.  Church was great. David had the morning message on the silent years of Jesus. If interested in watching that click HERE. At lunch we noticed mom and her 3 siblings were visiting together so just rearranged them a little bit and got a nice picture of the 4 of them. 

Mike Kaisner had the afternoon message on  St John 6. If interested in watching that click HERE
After church I went right to work first getting 2 pans of brownies baking then cutting up the onion and making a salad.  Diane brought the bread. Mark did all the grilling of the chicken and vegetables and supper really was delicious. We had 30 for supper tonight counting Zeke the yearling.  I know that is not quite the right term for a year old boy but that was the first word that came to my mind.  I still remember when my first grand daughter Addyson turned a year old. I went into the store and asked the clerk, "do you have anything suitable for a yearling?" After supper the volley ball players then the grand children all made their way to the playground. They all had a ball.
We took a golf cart ride as the sun was starting to sink low into the western sky. Check out the shadow.
I had t turn the cart around to take a picture to show how they made that.
They had fun making shadows.
Below is a short video of getting ready for our second golf cart trip.
The second trip was to Joan's house to check out the beautiful decorating job the girls have done on their cabin. They even put in a front porch using bricks and pallets that holds at least 6.
Just before 7:00 pm the golf cart rides quit as I needed to be at mom's. Everyone there was visiting with each other making the most of their last evening here. Tomorrow after breakfast our guests will be heading home.


Joan, Diane, Hannah and Jacob were busy playing Carbols.
Nancy was given her pills before I took her home. She spent some time telling everyone good by. The kids and grandkids were all gone by the time I got home. I sure do love Sundays, it really is my favorite day of the week.
















No comments:

Post a Comment