Thursday, August 17, 2023

Hog Roast Plans

 It was threatening rain as Ruth and I started walking and by the time we got back to mom's it was raining. We quit and went in to visit. Ruth had to leave for work pretty quickly but I wasn't in a hurry so we had a nice visit until LuEllen called on her way to pick up Aunt Jinnie for quilting. I left to change then head to Sam's Club to buy more supplies for the barn and chicken for the Sunday night meal. It was 30 cents cheaper by the pound to buy 10 pounds of frozen chicken breasts then to buy fresh chicken breast so that 10 pounds of chicken is now in the fridge defrosting. I decided to place the Jayco 5th wheel for sale as it is a lot of work to empty the tanks vs the tanks on the Wildcat so went up to the barn to get a picture of the front and a short video to place on the Facebook market place ad. 

We bought this as it needed some repair, the picture taken above was taken today, the picture below was taken before we repaired it. There was no structural damage done, just the siding had peeled off during a trip with the previous owner.
This is our second year of owning it and I've used it for airbnb last summer and now this summer. Last summer it rented so often that it paid for itself but this summer I had to block it off a lot since I couldn't take care of it with my legandall (hip problem). I had just placed the ad when a text came in that it booked for tonight and tomorrow.  Maybe I need to wait until after the summer season to sell it. It is a nice roomy 5th wheel with it's 2 power slide outs.
Below is a short video taken today of the inside.
 As soon as the camper was posted, within a few minutes, the first message came through asking if it was available and when I answered yes the scammer asked me to send through a code so they knew it was a 'real' person.  My response to that was, "SHAME on you" and I reported them as a scammer.  Not that it will do any good.  The next 3 messages though were legit but since it is now rented tonight and tomorrow night I had to put them off.  Dan stopped by this morning so we could go over the plans for the hog roast Sept 30th, 2023.  His band will be playing at 7:00 pm on that evening for the singing. This is the same group that played for the 2023 Boy's camp and for the pancake supper at Skylines. 
He is going to bring his sound system and rolled down the basketball backboard to make sure he could get a screen up for the projector.
I'm really thrilled they are willing to come and play for us. We want to serve the food at the hog roast from 5:00 pm to 7:00 pm then put away the tables and start the singing. Anyone that wants to come is welcome, the cost to attend is that you MUST bring a dish or dessert to share. The meat, bbq sauce, buns, chips, table service and drinks (water and lemonade) will be provided. There is plenty to do at the Meister compound so plan on coming early. If you can't make the meal but want to come for the singing plan on coming around 7:00 pm. 
This afternoon Sheena was teased, first to Valiant and then to Evan. Both times she said no. Valiant thought she smelled pretty good.
She screamed and struck out at Evan.
Anna and Phil were here working this afternoon. Anna finished the grout on both bathrooms while Phil got the lights hung.
Both of my airbnb guests arrived this evening and both are satisfied with their accommodations. Tomorrow all of mom's siblings will be here. Sure looking forward to seeing them again. It has been years since we have been with Aunt Sandra. Uncle Johnny and Aunt MaryLu came last year and Aunt Jinnie is now a regular. 
Joan N. one of our Berean volunteers shared this beautiful message tonight that must be posted here. 

Dancing With God

When I meditated on the word Guidance,

I kept seeing 'dance' at the end of the word

And I remember reading that doing God's will is a lot like dancing.

When two people try to lead, nothing feels right.

The movement doesn't flow with the music,

And everything is quite uncomfortable and jerky.

When one person realizes that, and lets the other lead,

Both bodies begin to flow with the music.

One gives gentle cues, perhaps with a nudge to the back

Or by pressing Lightly in one direction or another.

It's as if two become one body, moving beautifully.

The dance takes surrender, willingness,

And attentiveness from one person

And gentle guidance and skill from the other.

My eyes drew back to the word Guidance.

When I saw 'G': I thought of God, followed by 'u' and 'i'.

'God, 'u' and 'i' dance.' God, you, and I dance.

As I lowered my head, I became willing to trust that I would get guidance about my life and once again, I became willing to let God lead.

My prayer for you today is that God's blessings

And mercies are upon you on this day and everyday.

May you abide in God, as God abides in you.

Dance together with God,

Trusting God to lead and to guide you through each season of your life.

This prayer is powerful and there is nothing attached.

If God has done anything for you in your life,

Please share this message with someone else.

There is no cost but a lot of rewards; so let's continue to pray for one another.

And I Hope You Dance!






No comments:

Post a Comment