Sunday, August 13, 2023

First Family Dinner

Mark and I went over to the barn before breakfast, Mark swept while I cleaned to get ready for our very first family dinner in this facility.  We quit at 8:00 am so I had time to make breakfast before showering for church. At 8:45 am the guest staying in the Wildcat sent a text that the water was turned off. I was surprised as I had checked it last night before they got there. The next text was the water was off just to the toilet.  That really didn't make sense so I started over on the golf cart when the next text came never mind we figured it out.  I think this was the first time they had ever stayed in an RV and had no idea how to flush the toilet. We left for church at 9:15 am. We had a visiting minister, Herb Knochel from Phoenix.  It was SUCH a good sermon. The video isn't up yet but the audio is so if you would like to listen to it again, which we do, click HERE. When the video is up I'll post that here instead of just the audio. Tim Roecker had the afternoon message. Click HERE if you would like to listen to that. As soon as we got home from church I took the golf cart up to both 5th wheels and got all the laundry, took that down to the house. I had 3 full loads between the sheets for 4 beds and towels for 5 people were used.  While the machines were running I started cooking and by 4:00 pm Mark took most of the food over to the barn while I finished up with the noodles. We had all 26 of our family come along with mom, Aunt Jinnie, Joan, Sarah, Faith, Mackenson and Berlica. Mark had to move 2 more round tables in to get places set for all 33 of us.  

I ran out of the spaghetti noodles for the last person, Rhoda, but she was ok with that. There was plenty of other foods and the meat sauce was fine on top the bread. The kids could hardly wait to try out the new batting cage so as soon as they were done eating they all made their way upstairs to the game room. Below are a few pictures, even Aunt Jinnie went up to play.

Below is a video of some of the activities.
An airbnb guest and his wife were coming in a semi and I was concerned that the semi would have trouble getting up our drive so made out that I would meet them at Ruth's, drive them over to our place to have them check it out first. They told me the would be at Ruth's at 6:30 pm so I left the barn and took my car over. They were 15 minutes late so Ruth showed me her loaded apple tree.
Her nice big melons which she said are delicious once ripe,
and her tomato plants that her free range chickens have decided to lay their eggs under one of the plants. 
The hens saw us coming and came running up. Sure enough there were eggs under the plants.
That semi was so big they had trouble making the turn into Ruth's circle drive.
He left it and came with me while his wife stayed in the truck.  After checking our place out he felt comfortable bringing the semi to our place so backed out of Ruth's drive and came here.
Below he is pulling into the barn drive.
By this time everyone was leaving the barn so three carloads had to pull off and wait as he came up the drive.  Meanwhile Rhoda was teasing Jury and Sheena. Jury is now out but Sheena was ready to stand so she had Evan cover her. The sheets for the Wildcat were taken over and that 5th wheel cleaned and made ready for the next people coming in. The other 5th wheel will be finished tomorrow.  Anna and Braelyn got the apartment done in plenty of time for the semi driver and his wife.  They sent a text just a bit ago:  HI Judy...the apartment is so neat!! So glad we are here!  Meanwhile my very first paying guest for the Wildcat 5th wheel left a 5 star review so now I have ONE.








No comments:

Post a Comment